Okay, thanks for testing. Nothing too big, apparently. No problems with OpenGL/GLUT on OS X at least, that was something I was not sure of.
I can't quite recall why -lrt was added to the libraries... perhaps that's the one where clock_gettime() resides? I'd have to see if it can be removed altogether. Else I'd have to make some kind of Mac-specific Makefile options.
A bit surprising to find that it is not supported on OS X, seeing as I wrote and this on FreeBSD, and OS X is supposed to be built on BSD.
Oh well, I will just use your workaround in timeGetTime(), might fix the same problem on other systems as well.
I'll also add the /opt paths. I've seen those on other OSes as well, such as Solaris and HP-UX. Won't hurt to have them in there.
And yea, your description of the animation sounds about right. I forgot to mention it, but I put a video of it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3pElOLFzo
That's what it should look like.
I was thinking of including an OS X binary together with the Windows binaries, but on second thought... Not sure how feasible that is. It's going to require X11, GLEW and FreeImage to be installed, and whatever other dependencies those pull in. Not easy to just include a binary and some libs in the zip file and have it run out-of-the-box, like the Windows version, I suppose?
Edit: I can remove -lrt from FreeBSD at any rate. I think I added it for linux compatibility, but I don't have a linux system to test on. I might have to fire up a live CD at some point and see what gives.
README.txt is updated at any rate, as is Main.cpp, to fix the timeGetTime() issues.
Edit2: Fired up an Ubuntu live CD, doesn't seem to mind when I remove -lrt from the Makefile, so I've now updated the Makefile.
Also made a small fix to Mesh.cpp. It used memcpy() without explicitly importing string.h... For some reason the Ubuntu gcc complained (perhaps it suppresses previously included headers somehow, so it compiles as if each file is built in a separate session, rather than everything using the same header cache), yet neither OS X nor FreeBSD did, apparently. Ubuntu is right though, so I've fixed that now.