Hi Ketil,
Maybe it would be best if RadASM would save Tools and Help menu is assembler.ini insead in RadAsm.ini so each assember setup could have its own custom menus. :cool: And in case assembler.ini does not contain these sections, default from radasm.ini could be loaded.
Posted on 2003-05-28 15:19:43 by Milos
I second Milos's idea. That is a good idea to add. :grin:
Posted on 2003-05-28 15:54:05 by yrret
Hi Milos

Great idea. The same can be said about macro menu.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-28 16:59:48 by KetilO
Hi all

Donkey's latest RadASM help file is uploaded to my web site.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-30 01:56:13 by KetilO
Hi all

RadASM 2.0.2.3 is uploaded to my web site.

Whats new:

- Fixed a bug where RadASM would GPF after saving (Untitled) file.
- Added support for structure item code complete in hla projects.
- Macro menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini.
- Tools menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini. Defaults read from RadASM.ini.
- Help menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini. Defaults read from RadASM.ini.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-30 04:06:02 by KetilO
ES_NUMBER (02000h) is missing from style-manager for edit controls. xExStyle does not update with style change - always zeroes.
Posted on 2003-05-31 09:03:01 by bitRAKE
Hi bitRAKE,

In the Edits properties box set TYPE to Number. The styles that are set in the properties box are not available in Style Manager as they are not updated properly if they are set from outside. I do however agree that though StyleManager is a very nice addin, a rewrite is in order if anyone has the time.
Posted on 2003-05-31 09:15:40 by donkey
donkey, I must be blind - thanks. X05 where are you? :)
Posted on 2003-05-31 09:45:04 by bitRAKE
Hi all

RadASM 2.0.2.4 is uploaded to my web site.

Whats new:

- Fixed a bug with local procs tooltip and prototype.
- Added bitRAKE's api constants.
- WARNING: There is a bug in the CreateProject addin created by minor28.
The bug seem to be related to (Untitled) files and will cause RadASM to GPF.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-02 04:18:16 by KetilO
Hi Ketil,
Here are another suggestions:
Move F1-Help section to assembler.ini :alright:

I see that by moving menus to assembler.ini you introduced some complications and I should be blamed - IBM (I Blame Milos). ButtonChanger cries for update since the version 2023. I'll see if I can do it these days. However, there is one more thing is should be taken into account. Tool, Macro and Help menu editing should use assembler.ini, not RadASM.ini but only if the particular menu was loaded from assembler.ini.

Should RadASM addin interface notify addins when there is assembler change or does it already do so in some way?

Also tell me how you decide when you are going to use assembler.ini for menu(s). I assume you first see if assembler.ini has and if not then you go for RadASM.ini. Do you do it this way or you
try to load KEY 1 from and then decide if that is the correct ini file or not?

Later
Posted on 2003-06-02 15:28:36 by Milos
Hi Milos

Moving F1-Help section is probably a good idea.

RadASM tries to load key '1' from assembler.ini. If the key does not exist it is loaded from RadASM.ini. Changed menu is always saved to assembler.ini. This means that RadASM.ini contains defaults only. Logical and easy to explain.

When the assembler is changed RadASM sends a AIM_MENUREBUILD to the addins. The szAssembler member of ADDINDATA will contain the assembler and lpIniAsmFile contains pointer to assembler.ini file if this is needed.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-02 15:55:59 by KetilO
Small bug?

Adding a .hlp file in the Help menu through Options->Help Menu works, but when i re-enter Option->Help Menu the .hlp file is not present in the list. Probably the items there are not loaded from the assembler ini right?
Posted on 2003-06-03 07:07:34 by peanut
Hi peanut

You are right, there is a bug. I will fix it in my next release.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-03 08:09:39 by KetilO
Ketil, MENUREBUILD notification is not sent to addins when assembler changes.
I used RAM_MENUREBUILD and AIM_MENUREBUILD. but it was never called. I wonder what I did wrong.
However, I fixed the addin using other messages.
Posted on 2003-06-03 14:58:46 by Milos
Hi Milos

AIM_MENUREBUILD is sent to the addins when the assembler is set. Don't know why it does not work for you.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-03 15:52:05 by KetilO
Hi all

RadASM 2.0.2.4 is uploaded to my web site.

Whats new:

- Fixed a bug with local procs tooltip and prototype.
- Added bitRAKE's api constants.
- WARNING: There is a bug in the CreateProject addin created by minor28.
The bug seem to be related to (Untitled) files and will cause RadASM to GPF.

KetilO

A revised version of CreateProject is attached.

Sorry
Posted on 2003-06-03 17:03:21 by minor28
Hi Ketil,

Is it possible to turn off the ASM specific menus. They are nice if you have specific tools for each assembler but in general I use the same tools for all. Now if I change a tool it will only update in one assembler, I use 3 regularly and the same tools with each. It is not possible as far as I can see to change the default menus short of editing the RadASM.ini file manually. I am now deleting the menu sections from the assembler.ini files and updating the menus by hand in order to have global menus.

Perhaps if there is no project loaded the default menu is displayed and edited would be a solution, allowing for global editing but still having local menus.
Posted on 2003-06-03 22:17:54 by donkey
Hi donkey

I have decided to leave it as it is now. Setting up the tools menu for 3 assemblers is not too much work.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-05 06:37:53 by KetilO
Hi all

RadASM 2.0.2.5 is uploaded to my web site.

Whats new:

- Bug in minor28's CreateProject addin fixed.
- F1-Help files can now be defined in Assembler.ini
- Several fixes to hla support.
- Fixed a bug where code complete listbox could go off screen.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-06-10 05:35:52 by KetilO
Hi Ketil,

I can't get Melt 2.0.10 to work with RadASM

I include the following in MASM.INI

1=$R\melt\melt.exe
2=A,5
3=LNK,8
4=RC,9
5=RW,10

and get the following error:
Posted on 2003-06-10 12:36:00 by donkey