I open a sniplet browser and browse using the left pane tree. I discover that the content of the right pane is growing when clicking the tree nodes on the left pane. I think the content of the right pane should be replaced. KetilO, Is it a feature or a bug?

It also seems that the editor button does not have any action on it, e.g. open a notepad.
Posted on 2003-01-09 13:14:59 by yoursguideline
when i start radasm and open my project file, it gives the instruction at "0040a4d4" referenced memory at "0015e000". The memory could not be written error..
but if i start radasm and open any file (text file or something else) , close the file, and open my project file, everything runs fine..

& data list (prop window) show some of the typedef s, and some of the method fields (parameters of STDMETHOD declarations)..

Os is win2k..
my project includes have to many struct definitions...

an improvement idea : adding interface list to the properties window..
Posted on 2003-01-10 03:55:58 by kamilh
Hi yoursguideline

Problems fixed in RadASM 2.0.0.2
You can download it at my web site.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 05:56:45 by KetilO
Hi kamilh

Strange bug. What assembler are you using?

"an improvement idea : adding interface list to the properties window..."

Not shure what you mean.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 06:02:41 by KetilO
i'm using masm..

i can send you my project file if you like (+100kb with includes).

interface list : (i mean COM Object interfaces, ddraw,dshow vs..) but forget about it ; i cant see a common approach in win32asm community to define interface protos, currenly i m using Comview (objbase.inc ; BEGIN_INTERFACE & END_INTERFACE) include from Japheth..
Posted on 2003-01-10 07:03:29 by kamilh
Hi kamilh

You can e-mail me or upload the project here.
Hopefully it will give some answers.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 07:13:09 by KetilO
another bug ;

open newfile, type a, and edit->replace "a" with "aa" ;
replace routine loops replacing (hangup)
Posted on 2003-01-10 07:13:36 by kamilh
Hi kamilh

Does not hang on my system.
What RadASM version? Any other conditions?

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 07:27:18 by KetilO
here is the project file;

for the ones interested on dshow ; it includes complete directshow9 conversion and a simple media player.

some interesting things :
if i open the project with file->open project , sometimes it runs (dont know exactly when/why)
if i open it from recently opened projects list, it allways give error..

about replace probleme;
after typing "a", press left cursor (position cursor on the start of line, text should be unselected)

another feature or bug :) project->add existing file-> if i select a file on another drive (D:) than radasm resides (C:), it gives filenotfound error with an interesting path name (C:\radasm\projects\prname\!'^+'^+'^:))

RadAsm version : 2.0.0.2 ; full version from your www..
Posted on 2003-01-10 07:36:52 by kamilh
Hi kamilh

Yes, now I am able to repeat the bugs. I will try to find solutions.

RadASM uses relative paths in projects. Mostly this is an adventage. Disadventage is that you cannot mix drives.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 08:21:40 by KetilO
I think the RADAsm can make an adoption either using relative path or absolute path. My idea is that if a file added in the project is in the same drive as the RADAsm. The RADAsm choose to use relative path in that file. If one is in the different drive. The RADAsm choose to use absolute path in that file.
It seems like a switch. :grin:
Posted on 2003-01-10 09:30:11 by yoursguideline
Hi yoursguideline

Unfortunatly more work than I am willing to do right now.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 09:35:03 by KetilO
Hi Ketil

There is a way to tell radasm ie by command line to choose a particular RadAsm.Ini?

if not it could be a usefull feature for debugging plugins / control dll

Another thing I found... If you use the Code editor splitbar and collapse all function the upper window is empty
and have no line number anymore

If I use the button Collapse All and I try to expand a function top window didnt react

If I collapse all function by hand on the last one it clear the top window
but as soon I expand I got my top window view as before

Cya Greetz Kahn
Posted on 2003-01-10 12:48:28 by KahnAbyss
Hi KahnAbyss

There is currently no way to make RadASM use other than the default ini file.

Yes, the split that does not have the focus is not scrolled into view. I will fix that.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-10 14:39:50 by KetilO
Heya Ketil,

I skipped a couple versions (since 1.2.0.0) and I just downloaded RadASM anew and I must say I'm amazed what you did there. I haven't quite gotten around to examine everything but only the first look changes look great :alright:

Cheers,

Jimmy :)

Posted on 2003-01-10 21:53:28 by JimmyClif
Hi KetilO

I use on 2k.

PKG

Posted on 2003-01-11 00:37:18 by PKG
Hi PKG

My guess is that this is a charset problem.
In included test I copy the charset from code editor. Try if that does the trick.

KetilO

Edit:

Deleted attachment.
Posted on 2003-01-11 02:57:55 by KetilO
Hi Ketil

Works fine for me thanx :)

Cya Greetz Kahn
Posted on 2003-01-11 10:06:55 by KahnAbyss
I have found an intermittent probem with scrolling text in the new edit control. Occasionally when I open a file the thumb will be hidden behind the toolbar and it is impossible to scroll to the top of the file. Scrolling down the thumb comes out from behind the toolbar. It appears as if the window has been moved up above the bottom of the toolbar though I cannot find a way to redock it below. The tabs are also hidden. Is there a way to reset the position of the edit window ?

Donkey
Posted on 2003-01-12 09:56:34 by donkey
Hi donkey

This sounds pretty strange. Can you upload a picture of it.
Window / Cascade (Shift+F7) resizes all mdi childs.

Ketilo
Posted on 2003-01-12 10:19:34 by KetilO