Hi ketilO,

I downloaded the latest RadAsm yesterday and enjoyed using it to build a few small projects last night. I thought you might want to know about a "feature" I discovered at one point. I started a new Masm console app project and entered the code into the source file. I then went to change the project options to allow assembling/linking the source file as a DOS exe. To my horror, upon clicking the OK button, my code disappeared from the source file displayed on the screen: I didn't save my changes to disk before changing the project options.

Anyway, I typed it all up again ... this time saving it to disk, and was able to create several DOS executables successfully from then on. I imagine changing the project options for any type project would also discard any changes if the source file(s) aren't saved first?

Thanks again for RadAsm!
Posted on 2003-03-04 09:24:21 by Masmer
Hi Masmer

You should have been given warnings and options.

1. Reload project now?
2. Save changes to xxx.asm?

Are you shure you were not given those warnings?
If you were and ignored them then it is your fault, not RadASM's.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-04 13:02:11 by KetilO
:rolleyes:
:stupid:

(There should be a blushing/embarassed smilie.)

I was exhausted last night and must have just clicked on the dialogs without reading them/thinking. You are right, it does give me two dialogs (I remember seeing the reload project dialog last night, but not the save file.) Sorry/thank you.

;)
Posted on 2003-03-04 13:14:34 by Masmer
Hi all

Uploaded RadASM 2.0.1.3 to my web site.

Whats new:

- Fixed a few bugs.
- Added Recent files to File menu.
- Added keyboard commands to RAEdit:
- Ctrl+Alt+ or AltGr+
- Insert Show/Hide line numbers
- Home Jump between splitts
- End Open/Closes splitt
- Page Up Collapse all procs
- Page Down Expand all procs
- Up / Down Sizes splitts
- Included enhanced version of Milos asmvars addin.
A must for medium / large projects. You can dblclick in output window
to jump to the unreferenced variable.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-07 04:48:02 by KetilO
Big Thanks Ketil,

I liked this upgrades too much. We are too lucky since you decided to share your tool with us.:alright:
Posted on 2003-03-07 16:51:06 by cakmak
Hi cakmak

Thanks,
I could not have done it without your suggestions and bug reports.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-08 09:46:46 by KetilO
Hi KetilO:

Just discovered RadASM... kicks booty!

Your "syntax" coloring and highlighting features are tremendous! Spent all morning playing with them. Wow, this is really a fantastic program, man, kudos to you!

I have one minor suggestion for an editing feature I happen to use a lot: ctrl+uparrow and ctrl+downarrow to scroll the screen contents one line while leaving the cursor on the same line number of code. (If the cursor is about to scroll off the screen, just leave it at the top or bottom, wherever it is.) I believe the MS VC IDE has these keys bound by default, so you can see the behavior from that if you have it.

Thanks for listening!
Posted on 2003-03-13 14:46:14 by MANT
Hi MANT

Thanks,

Your suggestion is more useful than what it is now (richedit behaviour).
I will see what I can do.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-13 15:05:54 by KetilO
Hi KetilO:

I am a user in China. I downloaded the RadASM several days early. I must say it is a very nice IDE of the asm.
However, it is a pity that the chinese can not be showed very well. :(

There is a little suggestion. If the software could support the chinese, all the things would be wonderful!

Best regards

zepheir
Posted on 2003-03-13 23:26:05 by zepheir
Hi zepheir

To my knowledge RadASM version 2.0.x.x works well with Chinse on WinXP.

Have you version 2.0.x.x of RadASM?
What OS are you using?
Have you selected Chinese font?

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-14 05:03:31 by KetilO
Hi KetilO. Today I put on a paper a few of things I noticed in RadASM. Most of them are just plain details not so important but would make RadASM look and feel better.

1) when right clicking on the code editor first simulate left click so the cursor position will be set to the new location and then activate the popup menu
2) the tab control with the list of currently open source file should have a left and right scroll button like in VS .net
3) for large project it would be great if the properties list would support mouse wheel and search of the typed text
4) you could use this RAEdit line hilite stuff with RADbg to mark the current line
5) similary you could open the files and hilite lines with errors after build
- then a button to clear all hilited lines would be nice and a RAEdit message that would let us do this from addins as well
- ... well this hilite stuff could be an addin... just tell me if/when it's possible with the current RadASM interface and I'll start coding, unless of course you think it's better to embed it in the regular EXE (I think it's better) :)

6) RAEdit support for C style comments with two chars (if not already supported - i don't know)
7) are there any indications if block comments are going to be supported?
8) is there any way to setup RAEdit to support C like procedures?
9) what about nested MASM procedures? (algo involved is very simple but i dont know how hard it may be to implement in the existing code)

10) if procedure parameters are written one per line RadASM doesn't detect them and put them in the properies list while autocomplete works good for them
11) search performed on the click of first item of the list box that pops when procedure details are opened in the properties window is not finding the correct code
Posted on 2003-03-14 16:24:22 by Milos
Hi Milos

1. Good idea.
2. I'm using the standard tab control. It has left/right scroll unless you have selected multiline tabs.
3. Install mouse software. Works great.
4., 5. Great idea for an addin.
6. Not yet.
7. Not yet.
8. Not yet.
9. Not yet.
10. Working on it.
11. Working on it.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-17 03:57:02 by KetilO
i feel easy.
it helps me a lot in w32 assembly programming
Posted on 2003-03-17 04:44:59 by dreamweaver
Hi, KetilO:

My version of the RADasm is the newest one, 2.0.1.3. and my OS is chinese Windows XP Home edition. Everything goes well but the chinese showing.
I need you help.

Best Regards

zepheir Gao
Posted on 2003-03-17 20:19:20 by zepheir
Hi zepheir

Have you selected Chinese font?
Is the problem displaying Chinese characters or typing Chinese characters?

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-18 02:28:13 by KetilO
i have problems with polish chars.
i remeber that earlier it worked, but know when i press right alt in for example "a" now polish char is displaying but menu has focus now. :(
Posted on 2003-03-18 04:08:14 by NEMO
Hi NEMO

I guess this is something you can setup in your OS.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-18 04:38:35 by KetilO
Hi all

Uploaded RadASM 2.0.1.4 to my web site.

Whats new:

- Made changes to how Ctrl+Up / Down works in RAEdit.
- Project scanner now uses RAEdit's character table.
- Sniplet edit window now processes keyboard input.
- Fixed proc properties parse and find bugs.
- Added PthExpl++ addin.
- Added ButtonChanger addin.
- Added Res2Dlg addin.
- Added BitMask addin.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-18 07:44:20 by KetilO
Hi KetilO,

I was just trying 2.0.1.4, nice work as usual. I have one question, when I select a block text in the editor and want to use the right click menu to copy/cut/paste-over or whatever the text is now de-selected automatically. I realize that this is nitpicking a bit but I just thought I'd mention it. I am assuming that this is a side-effect of the simulating a left click when using the right-click menu - a feature which I like. Is is possible for you to have RadASM check if there is text selected and if so to not send the simulated left-click.

Donkey
Posted on 2003-03-18 17:57:00 by donkey
Hi, KetilO

The problem is the chinese can not be typed in the editor of IDE.
The display of the program which is assembled and linked, it will be OK.

Best Regards

zepheir Gao
Posted on 2003-03-19 00:46:37 by zepheir