Hi everybody,

first of all i read the tut on richedit but i didn't work for me on a BMP

problem: Like other objects , i want to show my rich edit on a BMP window ( like winamp) but i made it just like the tells me to do but it doesn't work on a BMP i think.

How should a do it ? is there like an option i need to add or something ?
Posted on 2003-01-13 04:09:35 by Bolle
Bolle,

i could be wrong here but as far as I know, there is no way of doing it as the richedit controls control both the text colour and background colour.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-01-13 05:18:55 by hutch--

Hi everybody,

first of all i read the tut on richedit but i didn't work for me on a BMP

problem: Like other objects , i want to show my rich edit on a BMP window ( like winamp) but i made it just like the tells me to do but it doesn't work on a BMP i think.

How should a do it ? is there like an option i need to add or something ?

I did exactly what you ask for in the mp3 player example I posted here on the board in reply to another topic you started.
Only difference was that I used a listview instead of a richedit in that proggy. Maybe you should check that source again :/
Posted on 2003-01-13 06:57:08 by bazik
I have tried this with a richedit, using some strange work-arounds. I used the print functionality of rich edit, it allows to draw the
content to a hDC without filling the background color. but then it is "view-only", you cannot type text. Since Win2k (dont know
which rich edit version this means) even the print method does not work, the output is filled with a white background...
So it simply seems to be not possible :rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-01-14 06:18:43 by beaster
I figured it out, The tut of ICz doesn't work exactly on a bmp or how he explaines it. So it is showing now on my Bmp (i knew it was in the mp3player you posted but listview weren't a problem i already made that but for some reason the richedit didn't displayed itself but now it does the tut wasn't exactly right.

Also the tut is wrong in coloring the background. I can't seem to get it change

invoke SendMessage,hwndRichEdit,EM_SETBKGNDCOLOR,0,0FF0000h

this doesn't work does anybody know what's wrong with it ?
maybe it is because that i have Win2k ?
maybe that's the reason is somewhat divers with the normal command ?
Posted on 2003-01-17 02:08:17 by Bolle
Tut version:
invoke CreateWindowEx,0,addr RichEditClass,WS_VISIBLE or ES_MULTILINE or WS_CHILD or WS_VSCROLL or WS_HSCROLL, \
CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,CW_USEDEFAULT,hWnd,RichEditID,hInstance,0

My version:
invoke CreateWindowEx,WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,addr szEdit,addr RichEditClass,WS_VISIBLE or ES_MULTILINE or WS_CHILD or WS_VSCROLL or WS_HSCROLL, \
18,54,757,380,hWin,RichEditID,hInstance,0
mov hwndRichEdit,eax

first of all the tuts version has 1 parameter missing
second of all, the first zero that of the tutsversion must be an addr szEdit referencing to a:
szEdit db 0
because a zero doesn't work

has this to do with the fact that i'm working in win2k enviroment or is it just an enigma?
Posted on 2003-01-17 02:15:41 by Bolle
beaster is right, i am not able to change anything for some reason.
can't it be done?
Posted on 2003-01-20 06:18:20 by Bolle