Sorry, if you *dissaprove* but I didnt think the thread should get canned all together (after all it started out with great intentions), so i simply wrote the TV version of their conversation (which should have been done in private in the first place (preferable over e-mail)).

What i found most ignorant is the fact that Jan Wassenberg realized his content is clearly against the rulez (as pointed out by natas), and then proceeded to post more content with a "woops i did it again" ).

So instead of axing the thread, i took this as an advantage to point out the bigger picture, with my made-for-tv dramatic flare. :grin: (Guess im the bad-guy in this movie).
Posted on 2003-01-13 19:50:41 by NaN
What i found most ignorant is the fact that Jan Wassenberg realized his content is clearly against the rulez (as pointed out by natas), and then proceeded to post more content with a "woops i did it again" ).
What you sayd above is something I can understand. However,
when you deleted our words in the posts and replaced them
with your words. That feels like a rape! a violation of the users!
Atleast that is how i feel.
Posted on 2003-01-13 20:38:39 by natas
I appologize for the "rape". But lets be honest, your werent exactly innocent. You didnt say "Dont post this content", what you did say in my own interpretation was "Thanks i was looking for this, glad i got it before the mods, cause they will censor it out"

To me this just fuels the fire. So ya, i edited your post to. This content is prohibited, and should not be supported by the board. You're clearly NOT supporting such material openly, but your *message* that I was reading for any joe who comes along was "if your post it and i get it fast enough its ok, cause the mods will only 'censor' the lines with the material"... Which it is not. And i dont play by predetermined expectations.

Furthermore, as its clear you want more information to learn from, you already had it at your finger tips. Why say anything like you did. You got it bookmarked. You could have then said "Dont post this material." and left it at that. You could have private messaged him to say as much. See my point. As i read the conversation it was as tho "its ok, cause the mods will clean it up for us ~ till then, your window of oportunity exists".

Well personally i dont think its ok. And i dont want anyone else reading it and getting the impression it is.

I think my reputation stands for itself. If you dont want to get "raped", dont give me a reason to.

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-01-13 20:50:00 by NaN
My bad for linking to z0mbie+fravia; dunno what I was thinking (since it was after 0200, I'm inclined to believe " "). But eliCZ and phrack 'illegal'? Come on!
As to everything after that: yikes!

It's a shame that we have to live in fear of the consequences of posting a link (easily found with google), but so be it. Next time, PM or email ;)

> What i found most ignorant is the fact that Jan Wassenberg realized his content is clearly against the rulez (as pointed out by natas), and then proceeded to post more content with a "woops i did it again" ). <
natas stated that the first batch of links was likely to get removed. The next 'content' I linked to was phrack; I don't see why that's forbidden, as it isn't a virus/reverse engineering site (more like security, network, etc.).

> when you deleted our words in the posts and replaced them
with your words. That feels like a rape! a violation of the users! <
Yeah. I can live with someone saying 'hey, 2 of those links are forbidden, plz remove', but what NaN did is ridiculous.

> I think my reputation stands for itself. If you dont want to get "raped", dont give me a reason to.
LOL!
Posted on 2003-01-14 08:30:01 by Jan Wassenberg
the chess games ai is a cheating bastard.
Posted on 2003-01-17 13:41:17 by Qages
my! my! what a hot topic... :grin:

/me trolling around :grin:

p.s. btw bazik has ECPS - Editing and Closing Posts Syndrome :grin: - just joking :grin:

hush! hush! :grin:

"woops i did it again"
britney spears... :grin:

and remember folks raping is punishable by law.
Posted on 2003-01-17 14:02:19 by arkane
"...my! my! what a hot topic."
These satraps use our good nature and satyagraha - just joking too..
Posted on 2003-01-18 21:43:12 by lingo12