Added errors for cvtres and nmake (so we have errors for ml, cvtres and nmake now) it is getting there! :)
Rearranged the icons and added icon to select tool to look up errors from.

Unzip all file to directory.
Will always keep a link to the most current version in this thread.

Version 1.2.2 - 1/16/03
Melt

:)
Posted on 2003-01-15 15:43:04 by Gunner
Really nice tool - on my RadASM tool menu.

I only have one suggestion:
Posted on 2003-01-15 17:20:15 by bitRAKE
Put the Error# label, edit box and the down/ontop icons on one "line"?

Think that would look good, will do. Gonna add another icon to that line then to open up something to allow you to select what tool to lookup the errors for.

So far have the errors for:
Ml
Cvtres
and I am working on the Nmake errors.

weeeeeeeee
Posted on 2003-01-15 17:40:22 by Gunner
Great tool gunner ;)

I too agree with bitRAKEs suggestion, if it had the edit box, and buttons on one line it would be perfect.

As well, i just had a thought that you might want to explore in the next version.

The error reports are nice, but every so often even these dont help cause they are witten very vagely to be applicable to all code. My *idea* was to extend the tool to have a 'appended notes' to the desciption. Perhaps set up a directory/reg key to log user defined notes. You could even use the zlib compression tool to compress these notes till needed.

So if (for example) i had a frustrating error, and the general error desc is still too vague. Then i eventually figure it out after 2 hours. I can go back and append a note to myself saying "It was this cause of that, specifically".

Then 20 hang-over's later, when i get this error again, i look up this error code and see there is a note attached (perhaps an enabled icon/button), i read the note as well, and discover I did it again, and i got the error fixed in 20 seconds.

Its a bit more work, i realize, but it would be both a good coding project and practice. As well as a practical feature.

Anywho.. just an idea. This version is nice to have as well ;)
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2003-01-15 17:45:10 by NaN

Put the Error# label, edit box and the down/ontop icons on one "line"?
Yeah, there is just more horizontal screen than verticle,
and when small it is almost not there.
Posted on 2003-01-15 17:45:22 by bitRAKE

Great tool gunner ;)

The error reports are nice, but every so often even these dont help cause they are witten very vagely to be applicable to all code. My *idea* was to extend the tool to have a 'appended notes' to the desciption. Perhaps set up a directory/reg key to log user defined notes. You could even use the zlib compression tool to compress these notes till needed.

Its a bit more work, i realize, but it would be both a good coding project and practice. As well as a practical feature.

Anywho.. just an idea. This version is nice to have as well ;)
NaN

I am glad everyone likes it!

Actually, it doesn't sound like too much work. Have a reg key for each tool, and for each "note" you make, have a corrisponding value. Get the error number, take a detour and check if there is a reg key/value for it and show a "note" icon if you left a drunken note to yourself! :grin:

Did a lot of reg stuff in VB and seems Assembler is a little easier for me so shouldn't be too bad.

Keep everyone updated.
Posted on 2003-01-15 18:44:31 by Gunner
Dear all

I am in use of it urgently, but would like to use it in future. Any one put another link for me. I can not get this link, paintful for slow connection and firewall.

Thank you in advance

Regard
Posted on 2003-01-15 23:18:11 by Halong

I am in use of it urgently, but would like to use it in future. Any one put another link for me. I can not get this link, paintful for slow connection and firewall.
Well I dont know if my site is any faster for you. But here goes nothing:MELT
-BTW: Its only 28KB. ( ;) )
Posted on 2003-01-15 23:22:36 by natas
Just updated Melt natas, ya might want to update your link. ;)

Current version at top of thread..

The file is VERY small, unless you have a 2400 baud modem (from the BBS days) it shouldn't take long at all.
Posted on 2003-01-15 23:32:38 by Gunner
The link is updated. ;) I know that the filesize is small. However some
country's may have bad connections to servers in foreign countrys,
wich causes the link to just sit there and not download. This have happen
to me sometimes too and I have a 1.2MB line. ( :grin: )
Posted on 2003-01-15 23:40:33 by natas
Paintful

Hello

Thank you all

I got it already, found that your link ( Natas) under firewall too. I knew it very small for i used to download it in old version. But it is the bad thing I have to find some quick proxies by testing(paintfull). I hope you understand my problem.

:grin:

Regards
Posted on 2003-01-16 01:56:43 by Halong