Yes, version number is x.x because if you do implement this it might take a while and who knows what version RadASM will be! ;)

I love RadASM 2.x what an improvement over 1.x. I especially like the collapsing procs (really keeps the screen neat) Although wish you kept that highlighting feature back in beta...

Maybe we could take the collapsable procs one step furthur and maybe collapse other things like .if/.endif/.while etc...? this way the screen and procs or whatnot is "cleaner" when there are many lines...

Just a thought :grin:
Posted on 2003-01-22 00:01:29 by Gunner
I fully agree with the collasping of the suggested blocks. I would add Structures and macros too.

Regards
Posted on 2003-01-22 02:10:18 by akyprian
Well, it is possible to overdo something and thereby make it a useless feature. I will try and see if I like it.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-22 03:01:15 by KetilO
Ketilo:
It shouldnt be too tough. I havent looked at the source of your edit control, but the best way would probably be to make a function to which you can pass the starting and endling line nos to collapse, something like this-

void Collapse(int begin,int end);

So if you want to collapse the line 2 to 10, you would call it like-

Collapse(2,10);

So all you really gotta do is run your parser and check for .IF and .ENDIF blocks and pass their line nos to the collapse function, to collapse them.
Posted on 2003-01-22 05:05:14 by clippy
Hi gladiator

Pretty much the way it is done on procs. Main difference is that .IF's can be nested and there is also .ELSEIF and .ELSE

If I do implement this I would want it to look like this:
[+]    .if eax==1

[+] .elseif eax==2
[+] .else
.endif

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-22 05:15:42 by KetilO
the "Invoke" dropdowns for example,
can there be a way to do it like Delphi does, it checks all includes (in its case units) for types and such,
cant the menu seek "PROTO" and place then dinamicly insted of having to move the API archive.
Posted on 2003-01-23 14:03:01 by monkeyO_o
Hi monkeyO_o

I get this suggestion from time to time, and my answer is still the same. More work than I am willing to do.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-01-24 02:21:54 by KetilO
Ketilo,
Does your parser look inside procs for .ifs and .endifs, or do you just scan for proc and endproc?

I cant understand your problem here.:confused: You can just send the line no of your .if and .endif lines to the collapse function to collapse them
Posted on 2003-01-24 03:41:55 by clippy