Hello all. Im new, just joined up today .

Anyways. I just wanted to ask for advice on where to get started. I saw this book called the art of asssembly programming. is this recommended? I think it's really old. but that dosnt matter too much right? My main concern is calling asm routines from within C++ code. Are there any tutorials on the net for this? Ive found for MASM and thats about it, nowthing that uses VC++ 6/.NET to show asm. The thing that is confusing me the most is the compatibility issue. x86, IA32, IA-64, AMD, Intel, 8088, 80xx, blah blah....

How do you work around all this stuff? and then there is this virtual 86 mode, and now x87 architecture? Its all really confusing. Ive decided I wanted to learn ASM for optimisations (DUH!) ... making a game engine and I figure asm will come in very handy with 3d stuff.

thanks for any advice/replies
Posted on 2003-01-24 15:55:51 by IFooBar
Hallo

I am a nbie yesterday, :), you should read faq. It is very useful.

No one but me answer your question.

:)
Posted on 2003-01-25 05:46:28 by Halong
I would say start by readgin Iczelion's tutorial (found on the site) and read the faq. Yea... And if there is any questions remember to search the forums before post a question. that should be it :grin:
Posted on 2003-01-25 06:05:25 by roticv
Posted on 2003-01-25 06:06:54 by Thomas
Ok. thanks. Ill check the faq. And ofcourse ill be pickin on you guys' brains :alright:
Posted on 2003-01-25 06:44:40 by IFooBar