Hi ! :)

Scrolling 800x600.
More you let the program work more the scrolling will be fast.
Friendly.........Gges
Posted on 2003-01-25 11:05:45 by Asmgges
Your app dosnt work on my comp. The screen goes blank and then the program terminates (I dont even get any error messages!!) . But i could try and guess why scrolling isnt working. Incase it makes a difference my pc specs are

intel p4
geforce4
256 ram

1: Maybe you are handling scrolling by timing and your not timing correctly
2: Maybe you're adding on extra units to your 'ScrollBy' variable ie: You have a var that says to scroll one unit everytime, but each iteration you add the amount scrolled in the last iteration to the variable instead of add a constant amount (this is quite common).
3: Check for any '+=' where there is supposed to be only '='. This might be because of the reason mentioned above
4: You do not reset a variable to what it's supposed to be after finishing the scroll. ie: If you're scrolling by time, then you probably have a variable that keeps track of how much scrolling you did in a time period OR how much time it took per scrolling unit. And you are forgetting to reset this variable at the end of the 'scroll code'.

5: I cant think of anything else :tongue:
Posted on 2003-01-25 13:43:37 by IFooBar
Hi IFooBar Welcome ! :)
It is always the same problem: on my system everything works OK.
I am going to try another way.
Can you say to me if this small program Fasm work on your system?
It is a test before use as working base for scroll...
Thank you.
Friendly......Gges
Posted on 2003-01-26 07:50:34 by Asmgges
thanks for the welcome Asmgges

Yes this program works on my system.....kinda...

Im not sure what the program is supposed to do, but the doughnuts are all blurry and they shake a lot. Other then that it works fine
Posted on 2003-01-26 10:47:04 by IFooBar