Ok, kind of a wierd question ,but what part of a window is just another window.
Are the min/max/close windows? What about scroll bar, etcetra?
Posted on 2003-01-27 15:19:21 by jInuQ
I'm not sure I understand you, but if I understood you right then.
I think buttons, scrollbars, min/max/close-buttons, labels, "windows", etc share the same base window class, so you could say they're all windows. They all (or most of them) send messages to a wndproc, they all have a size, they all have a position, they're created with CreateWindow (don't know if windows creates the min/max/close-buttons with some internal call to CreateWindowEx, but it wouldn't surprise me if so were the case), so I'd say they're all windows.
Posted on 2003-01-27 15:34:11 by scientica
the min/max/close buttons on a window are not seperate windows, they are just drawn on the form via defwindowproc... there are many spy programs that enumerate all the child windows of a particular window, so that u can see what is actually a seperate window... this capability is easily reproduced via simple getwindow gw_hwndfirst/next calls... in most cases a scroll bar is indeed a seperate window, but in the case of the WS_VSCROLL or WS_HSCROLL styles they are not. A half a$$ way of determining whether or not a part of a window is a seperate window is to use a program like Iczelion's tutorial #24. Just run ure cursor over what ever your interested in, and if the handle value changes then its a seperate window, otherwise its not.
Posted on 2003-01-27 20:19:54 by BubbaFate