David,

The build option in QE is done with the programmable menus and it is already set up in MASM32. If you download the latest version of QE from my site and set it up by itself it does not have the menus set up yet.

Have a play with the settings editor and the menu editor from the EDIT menu in QE and you can sewt up more or less anything you like with it.

f0dder,

I guess you have never edited a file of that size and complexity. Iczelion did a lot of work on it after I did the original but his style is a lot different to mine and while I spent many hours editing and tidying up the current version and testing bits of it, a complete rewrite is likely to take months to get it somewhere near right.

I do have some boundaries in terms of time so I will not be going that way in a hurry.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-04-10 20:24:27 by hutch--
I've done maintenance on "rather large stuff" - and the only reason I was able to do it was because I had been sensible enough to keep it in modules =)
Posted on 2003-04-11 01:51:44 by f0dder

I've done maintenance on "rather large stuff" - and the only reason I was able to do it was because I had been sensible enough to keep it in modules =)

Ack.

I made the same experience :)

My largest projects even have a seperate .asm file for each function (named after the function). Works great when you have an IDE with a treeview for project files ;)
Posted on 2003-04-11 04:27:32 by bazik
Great if you started it that way as in fact I did but with Iczelion editing it for some time, all of my sub includes were out of date and what we have is a monolith that is very hard to edit quickly and must be tested extensively to get it to work.

Actually you will like the technique I have recently used to get aditional stuff. I run the windows.h file through CL.EXE with an option to get the pre processing and make a file out of it. With the spacing from CL.EXE it ends up about 300 meg. I wrote the software to strip the spacing, read and convert the structures, brute force compare every structure from the file to the existing WINDOWS.INC file and only add those that were unique.

Manually editing the C++ include files would take you a few lifetimes to produce a working asm include file so there is little choice than to semi automate the file.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-04-11 05:42:28 by hutch--
Hi hutch--!

Great package, thanks a LOT!

I use now v7. Do you plan to release a v8 with bugs fixed? Or it's better to dl the v8 and fixes now?

Thanks again.
Posted on 2003-04-15 08:38:23 by Glob
Glob,

Version 8 is a better version with more capacity so it is worth the effort to download it. The fixes have been posted here and there was not much wrong with it so its no big deal to set up and use.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-04-15 22:58:37 by hutch--