I want to add shortcut in Quick Launch toolbar on Taskbar, but how can I get the correct path of Quick Launch on different windows OS? Before I add any shortcut in Quick Launch, I must know if Quick Launch toolbar is show or hide, if hide, I enable it, how to show it with code just like M$ do?

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-01 08:05:16 by dREAMtHEATER
1??
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Local AppData

2??Append this:
"\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\"

3??Modify here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop\Taskbar
to show or hide Quick Launch
Posted on 2003-02-01 09:19:05 by Micro5oft
change registry can not get the immediate effect, "just like M$ do" means we use command or API do this action, can someone else tell me the correct method with command!
Posted on 2003-02-01 10:04:42 by dREAMtHEATER
:eek: I cannot believe you just snapped at him like that. He takes the the time to try and answer your question and all you can do is complain. Frankly, I am not at all interested in helping someone out with that attitude. As far as your question goes, go download a rebar control example and figure it out yourself!
Posted on 2003-02-01 14:06:30 by BubbaFate
as i can remember (i haven't been doing such things for years), quicklaunch bar is a child window of taskbar. get its name and use it for EnableWindow API func.
Posted on 2003-02-01 15:27:37 by ti_mo_n

as i can remember (i haven't been doing such things for years), quicklaunch bar is a child window of taskbar. get its name and use it for EnableWindow API func.

Heh, I dont think thats a way to get the path :P

IIRC you can get it with SHGetSpecialFolderLocation.
Posted on 2003-02-01 15:45:02 by bazik
1. i thought he wanted to display icons in that window.

2. yes, u're right, that's the right way to get folder's location
Posted on 2003-02-01 18:40:28 by ti_mo_n
Taskbar is a COM object, but I've seen about all correlative knowledge, but can not figure out this quesition, but M$ can do this in Command, why?
Posted on 2003-02-01 21:06:46 by dREAMtHEATER
Hi,

AFAIK the taskbar cannot be accessed as "special folder" or as folder at all.

And the taskbar "desk bands" are documented as far as implementing and registering one is concerned only.

Look at this comment in a SDK source (bandobjs.cpp):

//Register the tool band object.
if(!RegisterToolBand(CLSID_SampleToolBand))
return SELFREG_E_CLASS;

/*
Remove the cache of the deskbands on Windows 2000. This will cause the new
deskband to be displayed in the toolbar menu the next time the user brings it
up. See KB article Q214842 for more information on this.
*/
TCHAR szSubKey[MAX_PATH];
TCHAR szCATID[MAX_PATH];
LPWSTR pwszCATID;

StringFromCLSID(CATID_DeskBand, &pwszCATID);
if(pwszCATID)

Seems there exists no simple documented API call for hiding/refreshing deskbands

dREAMtHEATER, please post your solution if you find one.

Japheth
Posted on 2003-02-03 02:59:48 by japheth