Hi,
the default html file that gets loaded its the index.htm(l) . if this file does not exist the webbrowers show you all the uploaded files . Is there a way to retreive this file list from my program even if the Index.htm file exists??
Posted on 2003-02-06 08:04:36 by Ray
No.

It's not the webbrowser that shows the list (well it does show it but doesn't generate it), it's the webserver creating the list if there's no index file (and if these lists are switched on in the configuration). Neither is it the browsers' task to get index.* first, the browser just requests / (root) and the server looks for standard files like index.php or .html.

If there's an index file the webserver will send that and won't generate a list. So you can't retrieve the list in that case.

Thomas
Posted on 2003-02-06 10:42:07 by Thomas
Hi Thomas,

so , if there is an index file then there is no way to retreive the uploaded file list in any way.

thanks.
Posted on 2003-02-06 15:58:16 by Ray
No, unless you can get the server to output the list somehow. If it's your own server, you could write a script for it. If not, you're probably out of luck (most servers don't want people to examine the directory structure).

Thomas
Posted on 2003-02-06 16:17:37 by Thomas
hi Thomas, is it possible with FTP protocol? like LIST command?
Posted on 2003-02-06 20:24:44 by dion
if the FTP directory maps to the same directory as the HTTP root (mapped directories will not appear unless also mapped /w FTP)
Posted on 2003-02-06 21:39:47 by jademtech
Hi,

well, i guess i am out of luck. :grin:

As for the FTP there are a few functions in wininet.lib that will do the job::: FtpFindFirstFile . etc. I havent tried em my self though.
Posted on 2003-02-07 07:26:51 by Ray