all ur need to text editor is all in this package, small size, quick start, flexibility, stableness, and advanced feature (eg. syatax hilighting), the key is the code was written with win32asm, try it!

download it from here

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-09 09:14:04 by dREAMtHEATER
Good job :alright: But why does the whole screen flash when it starts up?
Posted on 2003-02-09 13:06:37 by BubbaFate
WOW!! This is really a very nice program! I just downloaded it and already associated it with several different file types. This is soo coool! :alright: :cool:
Posted on 2003-02-09 15:17:02 by president
Go to http://www.rundegren.com/ and download their program called Floppy Image. After running the program, go to the Edit->Settings... menu and check "Enable window alpha blending effects." Hit OK and then drag the main window to a different location on the screen. See how it fades out and in? I just think that would be a cool feature.

BTW, don't use that program because it was creating floppy disk coasters on my computer (I didn't even know it was possible). =)
Posted on 2003-02-09 16:24:40 by BubbaFate

Go to http://www.rundegren.com/ and download their program called Floppy Image. After running the program, go to the Edit->Settings... menu and check "Enable window alpha blending effects." Hit OK and then drag the main window to a different location on the screen. See how it fades out and in? I just think that would be a cool feature.

BTW, don't use that program because it was creating floppy disk coasters on my computer (I didn't even know it was possible). =)

yeah!it's so cool, how to realize?
Posted on 2003-02-10 04:12:44 by dREAMtHEATER
dREAMtHEATER,

Very nice work!:alright: :alright: :alright:
Many thanks,

Regards,

Vortex
Posted on 2003-02-10 06:33:54 by Vortex

dREAMtHEATER,

Very nice work!:alright: :alright: :alright:
Many thanks,

Regards,

Vortex

ur encouragement will make it better
Posted on 2003-02-10 07:19:50 by dREAMtHEATER
Thanks,

Unbelievable, I have never seen soo quick and functional notepad replacement. Good job, thanks again. But, I must to add two things,

1. Syntax highliter can be active while known file types opened.

2. Syntax highliter seems interesting,

damn! I couln't attached. Don't know how...
Posted on 2003-02-10 15:18:31 by cakmak
dREAMtHEATER,

I downloaded the file and it installed fine and is a very professional looking text editor.

The only problem I had was the syntax hiliting did not work properly on win98se, it left some garbled result on the top line but did not effect the text in the editor.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-02-10 17:22:49 by hutch--
Nice program!
I use win98se, and also observed the syntax highlighting problem mentioned above.
But I noticed a clue as to where to look for the problem. It has to do with using the mouse.
Syntax highlighting seems to work fine when using pagedown, pageup, up arrow, and down
arrow. But when you use the mouse it seems to loose it after you scroll several pages, with
some numonics being drawn twice. Other then that problem, you did a really nice job!:alright:

Thank you for sharing your program.
Posted on 2003-02-11 03:35:12 by yrret

Nice program!
I use win98se, and also observed the syntax highlighting problem mentioned above.
But I noticed a clue as to where to look for the problem. It has to do with using the mouse.
Syntax highlighting seems to work fine when using pagedown, pageup, up arrow, and down
arrow. But when you use the mouse it seems to loose it after you scroll several pages, with
some numonics being drawn twice. Other then that problem, you did a really nice job!:alright:

Thank you for sharing your program.

Thx for ur encouragement :)

I run on the winxp chinese version and no any problem, but I didn't tested on win98/me, when u use syntax highlighting, u should turn wordwrap off, I write it with method mentioned in Iczelion tutor 35, in addtion, i found some font can not be supported perfectly, the font set in richedit is not corresponding with the font selected in richedit HDC (draw with DrawText), can someone tell me why?

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-11 07:18:44 by dREAMtHEATER

Thanks,

Unbelievable, I have never seen soo quick and functional notepad replacement. Good job, thanks again. But, I must to add two things,

1. Syntax highliter can be active while known file types opened.

2. Syntax highliter seems interesting,

damn! I couln't attached. Don't know how...

I will improve the syntax feature, u can change font to another one and try again!
Posted on 2003-02-11 07:23:32 by dREAMtHEATER
this thread seems more at home in the IDE forum.

Nice editor. I do have a problem sometimes when scrolling :/ If I scroll fast it sometimes crashes.
Posted on 2003-02-11 07:38:52 by Hiroshimator

this thread seems more at home in the IDE forum.

Nice editor. I do have a problem sometimes when scrolling :/ If I scroll fast it sometimes crashes.

thx for ur testing, can u tell me the OS u ran and if the syntax hilit is on?

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-11 07:53:06 by dREAMtHEATER
full specs of my system

I just run it default currently which I guess is ASM syntax highlighting?
Posted on 2003-02-11 08:53:37 by Hiroshimator

full specs of my system

I just run it default currently which I guess is ASM syntax highlighting?

ur machine is so cool, but I think if u use default setting, the syntax highlighting is off, in this condition, GPF never happen in my machine(winxp sp1, chinese version)

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-11 09:44:40 by dREAMtHEATER
erhm then I picked asm settings a while ago :)
Posted on 2003-02-12 08:02:48 by Hiroshimator
Why not use KetilO's richedit replacement? That would make it even more "entirely written in Win32 Assembly" (even cooler :grin: ). Maybe it would solve the syntax highlighting bugs too.
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:09:34 by Delight
Really good notepad, i have been looking for something like this :)

Only thing that annoys me, is that if there is an empty line at end of the file, the notepad does not show it if you scroll down.
Posted on 2003-02-12 14:29:35 by Petroizki
Hi. This editor was cute and I associated it with txd, nfo and diz files. For testing I used it in translation project of ICZ tutes and found a couple of bugs. Big chunks of text were missing from the original file when I opened it in notexpad. there was a character 0 at exactly 8k-th place as I recall and dozen lines was missing. Note that there are no NULL character in the file. The program changed 't' and 'o' in 2 cases with NULL.
Posted on 2003-02-12 15:59:36 by Milos