I like it too, it's very fast.
Posted on 2003-02-12 16:14:22 by Hiroshimator

Hi. This editor was cute and I associated it with txd, nfo and diz files. For testing I used it in translation project of ICZ tutes and found a couple of bugs. Big chunks of text were missing from the original file when I opened it in notexpad. there was a character 0 at exactly 8k-th place as I recall and dozen lines was missing. Note that there are no NULL character in the file. The program changed 't' and 'o' in 2 cases with NULL.

Hi Milos:
Thx for ut testing, can u send me the file that lead NoteXPad to error in attachment?

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-13 07:11:21 by dREAMtHEATER

Really good notepad, i have been looking for something like this :)

Only thing that annoys me, is that if there is an empty line at end of the file, the notepad does not show it if you scroll down.

hi!Petroizki :

Can u give me a screenshot when this happen, thx

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-13 07:15:46 by dREAMtHEATER

Why not use KetilO's richedit replacement? That would make it even more "entirely written in Win32 Assembly" (even cooler :grin: ). Maybe it would solve the syntax highlighting bugs too.

yeah! If do it, I will use the richedit class just myself write.

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-13 07:17:38 by dREAMtHEATER

erhm then I picked asm settings a while ago :)

hi!Hiroshimator:

erhm? what's meaning?

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-13 07:20:16 by dREAMtHEATER
mine is on asm highlighting. I must have set it some time ago while testing with some asm files :)
Posted on 2003-02-13 07:40:35 by Hiroshimator

Can u give me a screenshot when this happen, thx

Just add line change (hope it's the right word) to end of the file, i mean just hit enter, empty line. Scroll little up and when you try to scroll back down, you can't see the empty line, unless you move the cursor there with the arrow keys.
Posted on 2003-02-13 09:03:37 by Petroizki
Sorry, I can't download the program from the given location. Why you don't upload it to the board. I think the size is not too big.
Posted on 2003-02-13 09:53:43 by JohnFound
Hi, in this zip you can try to opet icz3.en and see the problem.
Posted on 2003-02-13 14:38:39 by Milos

Hi, in this zip you can try to opet icz3.en and see the problem.

hi! Milos:
The encoding of file icz3.en is UTF-8, when read file to RichEdit, I send message EM_STREAMIN to richedit, just like Iczelion tutor 34 do, everytime read text from callback function, the richedit would make the last character to NULL, maybe a bug to richedit, u can try this from the example of Iczelion tutor 34, u will get the same result, I don't know how to fix it!

dREAMtHEATER
Posted on 2003-02-15 06:34:24 by dREAMtHEATER
Hi. Maybe you just need to overlap that last byte in the block or something similar? I have never played around RichEdit before. I might check it out these days :)
Posted on 2003-02-23 15:34:35 by Milos
It must be a bug for richedit, so I decide to write my own edit class, It would be a hard work!
Posted on 2003-02-24 04:00:23 by dREAMtHEATER

It must be a bug for richedit, so I decide to write my own edit class, It would be a hard work!

Why not use KetilO's richedit replacement? That would make it even more "entirely written in Win32 Assembly" (even cooler :grin: ). Maybe it would solve the syntax highlighting bugs too.

YES, instead of rewriting from scratch, please give a look at KetilO's RaEdit control and improve/reduce/fit to your needs.
Your editor is very nice (I am using it as default in the office) and all of us will gain if you save up your time preparing new features
:alright:

Thanks,
Posted on 2003-02-26 04:47:57 by pelaillo