Hey, does any know where I can get the (shlobj.h) file.
Or can a header file be used in asm.

Trying to implement a proc to watch sys files for any changes. Look into using

SHChangeNotify - import lib
- header file -- shlobj.h
As was suggested. So is it possible to used the header within code or would I have to find a way around this.

Sorry for so many questions! I never used the winapi before only coded in 16-bit before, then came Python, which I love for scripting. But my Soul Passion is ASM

mov EAX, :confused:
mov ECX, EAX
mul ECX

Guess I'll try to find another API to do the job if not possible
Posted on 2003-02-14 17:15:01 by Tweak
include shell32.inc
includelib shell32.lib

invoke SHChangeNotify, blah, blah, blah, blah
Posted on 2003-02-14 17:49:26 by BubbaFate
thx guess, I'm reading the wrong stuff.
Where can I get info about all the lib and inc that included with Masm

Need to learn more about them
Posted on 2003-02-14 18:24:27 by Tweak
The msdn website is geared toward people programming in c++ with visual studio. If you see an api you would like to use, like SHChangeNotify, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a table. Ignore anything about a header or .h file as that is c++ junk, all you are interested in is the import library, in this case it is shell32.lib. When you install masm32 it comes with a program hutch made called "l2inc". What this program does is extract all the functions out of a lib file and spits out the equivilent masm function prototypes for those functions into an .inc file. Whatever lib name you put in is the inc you get out. For example if i did C>l2inca.exe mycoollib.lib it would spit out a file called mycoollib.inc. Knowing this, you can assume that whatever lib file you include into your project, the inc file will have the same name. Thats how I got the following
include shell32.inc    [COLOR=green]; i know the include file has the same name as the lib because of the way l2inc works =)[/color]

includelib shell32.lib [color=green]; got this info from msdn website[/color]
Posted on 2003-02-14 19:12:52 by BubbaFate
thx BubbaFate
guess that will make a good bookmark to reference from.
Posted on 2003-02-15 21:41:20 by Tweak