Hutch,

I've found that I have to press ctrl-c/v a couple of times to manually copy/paste. Maybe you're handling the key presses in an other than normal manner?

Am I the only one with this problem? I don't have any problems using the menus, and love the new context menu by the way, but old habits die hard and I use the keyboard shortcuts 90% of the time.

thanks,
will
Posted on 2003-02-18 12:57:45 by Will
A loose cable or bad key on the keyboard, etc..

Regards, P1
Posted on 2003-02-18 14:33:31 by Pone
Will,

Thanks for passing back this comment. The Ctrl+V etc ... are actually built into the rich text editor and while I trapped and changed a few others that are the same, I left the standard clipboard operations alone as many people like using them.

I personally use the older Ctrl + Insert / Delete type operations as they work on almost anything.

What I did change with the standard key combinations was the message it generated, if you leave WM_PASTE as normal, it can preserve the font, colour and formatting from another source so I use EM_PASTESPECIAL with the constant
CF_TEXT instead from all of the key combinations so that it is pasted as plain text without the extra formatting.

I don't know what is happening apart from that, it tested fine on 95b, 98se and win2k.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-02-18 19:59:31 by hutch--
It's weird, and I wish someone else could see this so I don't feel like it's just me. :(

I'll press ctrl+v and nothing happens. I'll do it again and it does. ...the same for ctrl+c. It's nearly impossible for a keyboard's ps2/usb/at/etc cable to be loose and still function at all, although the cable itself could be damaged. That's not the case though, and the copy/cut/paste hotkeys work fine in other applications. I guess I'll have to either get used to it or start using the menus. ;)

thanks,
will

I almost forgot to mention this. Hutch, I did notice that the text was pasted without all of the extra formatting which is a nice little addition to this version. Other than that, I'm using v8 at work under win2k. I also have a win2k box at home but I haven't been able to download v8 at home because my dsl service has been down.
Posted on 2003-02-20 15:04:05 by Will
Will,

I have the same problem, it usually takes 2 key presses with CTRL+V so you are not alone! It's pretty annoying as you have to double check each time you paste to make sure it's done it, and the Paste option by right clicking is tedious to use as it's in a sub menu.

It does seem to be a bug. BTW, I'm using WinXP
Posted on 2003-03-02 17:44:58 by Drmres
Hi,

I often have this problem in Internet Explorer 5 SP3 on win2k laptop, I'm not sure if it happens on my XP box tho, I'll have to check later. I wonder if this is a windows bug.

James
Posted on 2003-03-02 18:58:29 by JamesE
Hi guys, it works fine on my XPbox. But I did notice if U hit ctrl^v or ctrl^c to fast it wouldn't seem to work but holding it for a second seems to work fine.:grin:
Posted on 2003-03-02 19:59:02 by Tweak
That's what I meant Tweak. It's kind of like when you're using some vb program that uses a timer and you try to do something but the timer didn't trigger yet because the interval was set to high. No offense Hutch, I know you're a better programmer than that!
Ctrl+v/c work, it's just like Tweak said you either have to press it twice or hold it down for an extra split second. Weird.
Posted on 2003-03-03 10:41:47 by Will

What I did change with the standard key combinations was the message it generated, if you leave WM_PASTE as normal, it can preserve the font, colour and formatting from another source so I use EM_PASTESPECIAL with the constant
CF_TEXT instead from all of the key combinations so that it is pasted as plain text without the extra formatting.

Maybe something to do with this?

I don't know...?!
Posted on 2003-03-03 10:56:25 by Drmres
No one has the same problem as I do in IE? Qeditor works fine on this machine...

James:alright:
Posted on 2003-03-03 14:11:43 by JamesE
James, I'm using ie6 with sp1 (if that even matters). I haven't noticed any problems with copy/paste operations in ie, but then again I don't do much copy/pasting in ie.
Posted on 2003-03-03 16:50:01 by Will
Will,

I need a favour from you, i don't want to post specifically experimental versions of QE in the forum but I need you to test something I have done to see if it solves the lag problem you have reported.

Will you email me at my normal email address so i can send you the experimental version. I would like to solve this problem if possible but I cannot duplicate it myself.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-03-23 08:18:50 by hutch--