Hello World
cdopen.asm is a example app founded at Icz Website i think or a link of the site.... It been a while... but what it does is show you how to REGISTER a WINDOW.

invoke GetModuleHandle,ADDR kernel
invoke GetProcAddress, eax,ADDR func
mov ,eax
push 1
push 0
call Resconde

invoke SetTimer,NULL,NULL,10000,NULL ; Set the timer to 10000 mSec (2 min)
Empieza:

invoke GetMessage,ADDR msg,NULL,0,0
cmp eax, 0
je Fuera
mov eax,msg.message
cmp eax,WM_TIMER
jne Empieza

invoke mciSendString,ADDR Abre,NULL,0,0
invoke mciSendString,ADDR Cierra,NULL,0,0

jmp Empieza

Fuera:
invoke ExitProcess,NULL

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Is this possible. I incorporated the cdopen.asm (turning it into what i want to do with it ...) in my Calender Dialog.exe from the new v8 and everything works fine but now i remember about CLEAN UP. This is know as my helper app that will be doing a lot of useful things for my main app HOPEFULLY.

I think that each time you REGISTER a WINDOW WITH-OUT rebooting the machine and you execute it latter the only thing you would be doing is adding it to system memory again and again if you don't RE-BOOT .......... Registing with the Kernel with the same thing over and over again it seems and i don't see where it tells you the program has been un-regeistered even after calling the exit process.. IT IS STILL IN THERE somewhere and somehow. But you don't see it in Alt-Ctl-Del ....

This is evidently a stupid and total waist of user memory. Is my idea about this correct and if so how can i UN-REGISTER it when it is not needed ANYMORE so that it mem is FREE to do it AGAIN and AGAIN at WILL...

So I think my main question is .... I need to know how to UN- REGISTER a window with-out having to SHUTDOWN or REBOOT the WHOLE machine just to clean it up if this is at all possible.
Posted on 2003-02-19 00:59:01 by cmax
Hi cmax,
Windows automatically de-registers windows for you once your app has exited, so you don't need to do it yourself. It is good that you are thinking of the user and their system :)
Posted on 2003-02-19 04:10:11 by sluggy
if you absolutely want to unregister just use:

BOOL UnregisterClass(
LPCTSTR lpClassName, // class name
HINSTANCE hInstance // handle to application instance
);

(was important under Win 3.11 :) )
Posted on 2003-02-19 05:02:32 by beaster
Thanks Guys,

I don't know why i did not think to look in the API Help files. I usually do. I think i rather try to do everything myself these days because each day im now lossing faith in Windows OS because it really act goffey sometimes. And i know for a fact it not always my fault. So i try hard to code the hardest way possible hoping to beat Windows to the PUNCH and confuse it like it has confused me for YEARS.

Thanks again
Posted on 2003-02-19 10:10:41 by cmax