If you are going to submit an app to dl sites, you should post your app & a PAD file on your web site. It makes the process a whole lot easier:

http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad/
Posted on 2003-03-04 16:06:10 by Berninhell
I am sorry for my late reply, but i have been a bit busy lately.

Anyway, thank you all for your reply.

And let me first complete my software:)
Posted on 2003-03-11 02:34:56 by clippy
What about is your software?

Regards,

Vortex
Posted on 2003-03-11 02:42:47 by Vortex
Offer crippleware on your homepage and send each buyer a custom build with a fingerprint in the binary

didn't worked much with IDA =/
Posted on 2003-03-11 07:14:13 by wizzra
Ofcourse we can sell software over the internet! But there is alot of work behind it...
*. Making shure that your idea has something new and fresh then all the rest.
*. Creating a website(not amateur)
*. Submit to shareware archives(takes some time),
*. Get some good reviews and thereby good advertisement
*. Make shure the software has been tested on every operating system it is advertised todo
*. First-Impressions are very important! so stress test your application to show potential bugs.
the user interface and documentation is also really important in the market today.
*. Implement a fair-enough protection scheme.
*. Watch for your software on *arez and related sites
*. Only release DEMO software.. this differs from shareware.. since it is crippled
*. Just look at Windows/XP! what do people like? they want *pretty* software.
So this is important no matter what you think.
*. Make your software userfriendly for dummys.

No matter what protection you apply, someone will always crack it if they want it badly
enough. Still you have different levels of crackers... and the lowest life-form of them
cannot crack the "simple" protections. So that will *buy* you some advantage.
Thats why you should make it a demo and remove the code wich is not enabled from the
demo version.

If you create a good solution, then people will buy it.. its as simple as that. But you
need to *make* them want it. I am almost done with my first commercial software application.
I have lots of feaures wich no other program in that category has. I only create applications
that I want, and if this makes other want it too.. then I have done my job. In the end its not
entirly up to the users.. its upto the developer and how hard he is willing to work to create
a good product. :alright:
Posted on 2003-03-11 19:53:56 by natas

*. Just look at Windows/XP! what do people like? they want *pretty* software.
So this is important no matter what you think.
*. Make your software userfriendly for dummys.

How true.
Posted on 2003-03-11 23:32:15 by bazik
About 2 or 3 years ago when i was gun-ho for Delphi i was suppose to send $20.00 to buy this guy program that was all about Delphi with source code but i accendenly sent SHARE-IT a check for $900.00 (my rent check whith there name on it)and they sent it back to me.... They could have done anything because i never knew i had did the cross-up until i got the check back.

I was planning on using SHARE-IT even before that had happen. What do you think about this company... Have anyone hear anythings of their dealing.

This is an very interesting thread. By the way i download the clock with no problem but the web page maybe have a bug in it because it crash and i could not turn it off even when i try to shut down IE. the page just stayed on my screen.

I forgot to say this happened when i tried to save your page to disk to read latter.
Posted on 2003-03-12 20:16:57 by cmax