I would take a look at VIM ;)

I use (and love) GVIM, both in windows and Linux. I love the coloring function, the color schemes (especially murphy :)).

BogdanOntanu:
spaces are stupid they take more bytes in the text file
and can not be easy recognized as "tabs"...

actually tabs are not the same as spaces... i just can not understand why somebody will ever want to mix them

Hurra! I'm not alone! :)
I can't agree more, tabs are tabs and not spaces. Tabs are more efficient, and when coding nothing but monospaced/fixed-width fonts are to be used, and one tab has the same width as 8 spaces but only takes an 1/8 of the space eight spaces would take.

Hiro, "old habits don't die fast I guess", well they do if you find a fester and better editor than notepad, GVIM for instance, try it and you'll love it, it colors MASM (+others), PHP, makefiles, Cxx, HTML, perl, python, XML and a gazillion other formats you've never heard of, and it's done automatically (haven't had any majorconfusions, at most it thinks a MASM file is an other asm variant). Color shcemes (love murphy, dark bg, clear colors). Open several files in the same window, put them side by side, next to each other or both at the same time. Save and Load sessions (eg, open 5 files in a window and line them up in a desired way, save the seassion in a file, close gvim and when you feel like resuming work, just load the session and get started right away, no 5 mins to open up files)
Posted on 2003-03-06 11:46:37 by scientica
I never really cared about colouring. I care for useful stuff like say codesense (or intellisense or whatever brandname specific products use)

I couldn't care less wether my comments are in green or yellow.

I hate vi/vim, I have not seen a good *nix editor until now. nano is the closest thing together with gedit so that's pretty sad.

As for opening times, you must be one of those people that shuts down their PC..... :tongue:
Posted on 2003-03-06 11:52:35 by Hiroshimator

I couldn't care less wether my comments are in green or yellow.

I need line numbering and green comments :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-06 12:25:46 by bazik

I never really cared about colouring. I care for useful stuff like say codesense (or intellisense or whatever brandname specific products use)

Coloring is a quick way of seeing if you made any typos when writing mov, or xchg, etc. It keeps the stuipd compiler errors away...

(oops :o , forgot to maximize the window before taking the screenshot...)
Posted on 2003-03-06 12:42:44 by scientica
yeah, scientica and Bazik

the screenshots look nice, and it gives a great overview
of the code, I have downloaded a version now so I'm
excited to try it.....I hope it treat TAB as TAB:tongue:

oh, it sEEms that my kEyboard works again :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-06 13:09:05 by The SharK