Hi

Anyone know how to code IME (Input Method Engine) in Win32 asm,
or any example which I can find in this forum?

Thank :cool:
Posted on 2003-03-03 10:18:20 by QS_Ong
What is that?
Posted on 2003-03-03 16:31:26 by comrade
It's used to enter text in other languages like japanese and chinese.
Bye.
Posted on 2003-03-03 19:11:39 by GogetaSSJ4
Hello!
If you get this .....
please let me know or send me that information

doksuriq@borame.myip.org

Thanks.
Posted on 2003-03-21 22:46:04 by Alfred
Look into DDK samples directory. It requires some (if not in depth) knowledge about device driver. If you don't know how to deal with device drivers, study them first.

<IMHO>
You'd better use Windows IME rather than program your own. That way, you can make your IME client (typically your own edit control or its replacement/derivative/clone/whatever) work everywhere. If you don't want to force the users to install Windows IME (which is not so small), merge your input method code completely in your app. There are many input method implementation out there for east asian languages. You can just use them. See, for example, X11 XIM implementations.

Don't try to install yet another IME of your own. Doing so will annoy users and people will not appreciate your work however good yours may be in other areas.

BTW, Windows 9x line is brain-damaged in this respect. Your localized windows is the only answer.

Another point: Keyboard input is the slowest of all data flow. I hardly see a point coding input methods in assembly unless your target machine is seriously limited in memory size.
</IMHO>
Posted on 2003-03-21 23:35:55 by Starless