In American english, it is spelled "sorcerer"
In British english, it is spelled "sorceror"

Hence, scientica can choose whichever he wants. :) But since the largest part of the swedish population seem to use american spelling and pronounciation when they write/speak english (from own experience), I would root for "sorcerer" (and because it looks better). ;)

Ok, that explains why I couldn't remember which was the correct spelling since both are correct.
Well, in sweden we learn the brittish english (I remeber learning the word colour as colour, color I leared from TV/computer/and others :))
In this case ("or" .vs "er") I prefer the brittish way (unless the Bush pays me to prefer the US spelling ;)). I heard some where that we are supposed to learn the "oxford english" at school but I don't know how true that is, but I know that we (at least when I learned the basic english) learn the brittish spelling/pronaunciation, american, austrailan (and other variants) (are)/was a bit of extra stuff (we've read a few texts on "american english" and "australian english" but mostly it's brittish english).
I don't know what variant I prefer, I only know that I prefer color over colour... :)

The majority you're speaking of is us the programmers, right? We've adapted to the "computer english" (this mix of all english with a bit dominance of american english and foo).
Posted on 2003-03-05 15:09:21 by scientica
Yes, I guess I'm speaking about people who are well beyond the english they learned in school, and yes, I know quite many computer biased and academic type persons.

But then again, what the hell do I know, I mostly speak Swedish to them all anyway. ;)
Posted on 2003-03-05 17:57:38 by dELTA
May the sauce be with you. (yuk)

Manual manipulator of unmentionables. (censured)

Quacker. (frustrated cracker)

Binary bender. (hex coder)

Artificially induced euphoria operator. (stoned or similar)

Code Victim. (attacked by a code warrior)

Huru Guru. (anti-guru coder)

Modest genius. (whoopz, that one is taken) :tongue:

Immodest genius. (generic title)

Old fart. (plenty of them around here)

Young fellas. (apprentice old farts)

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-03-07 02:29:00 by hutch--
Some funny captions:

Temp:0 Kelvin (absolute zero)

Operiation:Monster's ball :)

Real man coding in hex

Frozen banana

Jumpy monkey

Digital pumpkin
Posted on 2003-03-07 08:30:13 by Vortex
1337 wana be
1337 w4N4 b3
Moluscus
Linux geek
Linux Deamon
Linux Code
Linux Lover
Robot
Webbot
Web crawler
Search bot
AI (<-- artificial intelligence)
xor'ed out
Lamer
Defragmented
Fragmented
Crazy
Where is my coffe?
Code Pacifist
Code Commander
Code Chick(en)
Code Pimp
F0-0F bug
Register Stall
hardware exception
int 6: Invalid opcode
int D: GPE (General protection exception)
int F: Reserved
Who hit my post button?
Posted on 2003-03-07 09:04:53 by scientica
100 posts OR 2 months member long live the lurkers :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-07 15:15:16 by Hiroshimator
Seeing hutch's cranky old 'b*****d', i was thinking of changing mine a bit too but i thought i would ask first-

Would it be appropriate if i changed mine to "Code f****er"
Posted on 2003-03-07 23:39:34 by clippy
gladiator,

I suggest that if you did change your description to "Code f****er" it may mysteriously end up being changed to "fCoder" and you could be confused with an EX member of this forum. :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-03-08 03:23:28 by hutch--
Who's fcoder?
Posted on 2003-03-08 06:59:10 by roticv

Hutch,
where is Starsky? ;D
Posted on 2003-03-08 08:27:13 by Maverick
Well, i have changed it anyway and if there is any confusion i will change back to Code Warrior
Posted on 2003-03-11 02:44:11 by clippy
Wow... so many people have changed their "Code Warrior" title!
Posted on 2003-03-13 22:08:36 by jademtech
Yeah, and you probably want to change your title again, since the correct spelling is "guerilla" or "guerrilla" (both are valid, see "http://www.bartleby.com/68/52/2852.html"). ;)
Posted on 2003-03-14 05:30:49 by dELTA