buffer db 128*4 dup (?) ; 128 dwords - you can use qwords if/when you use MMX code to speed up the moves

lea eax,buffer ;eax holds pointer to buffer - i.e. the memory location of buffer is contained in eax

@@:
mov ecx,128 ;do the loop 128 times
mov ,0 ;move the value zero into the buffer
add eax,4 ;increment buffer pointer by 4
dec ecx ;decrement counter
jne @b ;jump back to the last anonymous label if the zero flag is not set - i.e., if the loop is not over yet
Posted on 2003-03-07 12:40:21 by jademtech
the compiler wont let me mov 0 into the eax address

mov , 0 returns "invalid instruction operands" error a2070

mov eax,0 causes a cpu deadlock
Posted on 2003-03-07 22:03:32 by Homer
Is it free.. i looked over the page quickly, but I didnt see any licience restrictions etc. Have you made any working demos with this enging Hiro?

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-03-07 22:10:34 by NaN
Hi Nan,

I guess it's free, I checked the page and downloaded it but haven't had a chance to try it yet. They do say that the source code is in the public domain and that it can be used for any purpose. So I guess that there aren't any license restrictions on it at all. In another page they say it is open source and never talked about fees anywhere I could find.

Donkey
Posted on 2003-03-08 00:06:37 by donkey
Just in case you have not done it yet here is a bitRAKE thing that i always use.

xor eax,eax
mov edi, offset MY_BUFFER
mov ecx,128
rep stosb

;;;;;;;;;;;;; OR IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE SIZE

xor eax,eax
mov edi, offset MY_BUFFER
mov ecx,SIZEOF MY_BUFFER
rep stosb

IT NEVER FAILS and more than fast enough
Posted on 2003-03-08 01:21:02 by cmax

Is it free.. i looked over the page quickly, but I didnt see any licience restrictions etc. Have you made any working demos with this enging Hiro?

:NaN:

it's free for all use afaik.

http://www.win32asmcommunity.net/he/attrdb.zip <-- it's a sqlite based little CLI app I made for bogdan's HE.
Posted on 2003-03-08 04:37:32 by Hiroshimator