Is there any way to get the handle of the default ToolTip control of a Window? i.e the one for Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons?

regards

akyprian
Posted on 2003-03-07 05:04:02 by akyprian
As it turns out, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons are not controls. You cannot get handles to them. You cannot manipulate them as controls.

What do you want to do with these pseudo-controls?

BTW, ToolTip controls are what Mac users call "Bubble Help".
Posted on 2003-03-07 12:24:50 by tenkey
My friend,

I do not want a handle to the buttons. In Windows there is a tooltip control which you can create with CreateWindowEx. But also there is a tooltip control that is NOT created by the user (the one shown above the buttons I am refering to). If I have this tooltip's handle, I hope that I can change its string for these three buttons.
Posted on 2003-03-07 14:31:55 by akyprian
Actually those tooltips are a special class called 'ToolTips' (and not 'tooltips_class32'). Of this class exists only one window which is reused for all apps and all the buttons. So if you would close this window in one app, no other app will get the tooltip again or till you restart windows.
The WM_PRINT message is send whenever the control is shown, so this can be hooked (with WH_CALLWNDPROCRET) to change the appearance and/or caption of the tooltip.

See it in action in this app:
Posted on 2003-03-07 20:14:38 by Joshua
This is exactly what I want byt I need some code. I donot know where to start from.

Thanks,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-03-08 05:32:23 by akyprian
Is it a private message?
Posted on 2003-03-08 05:37:22 by Vortex
merged ;)

no I figure he just accidentally took new thread instead of reply
Posted on 2003-03-08 05:38:03 by Hiroshimator