Hi Privalov!

I only wondered what the next version of Fasm will bring... Do you have any ideas in your todo-list? If you have, can't you share it with us... Maybe some of us have some good ideas too. ;)

Well, I suggest that this thread can be a kind of an "inspiration"-thread. :)

Thanks!
Posted on 2003-03-11 07:25:40 by Tommy
Maybe Privalov is buisy with the development of a debugger for Fasm.
Posted on 2003-03-11 08:40:18 by Vortex
I must disappoint you - I'm busy, but with nothing related to FASM. Anyway I have finally started rewriting first sections of the guide to FASM internals and - as I have little bit more time right now - it's possible I'll finish it soon. After the general introduction the second chapter (I am writing it right now) is about the interface between OS and FASM - when it's finished it'll contain all neccessary info for porting FASM to any flat memory addressing capable OS. The later chapters will be about the core modules - finally explaining how does it all work and how one can add some new features.
Posted on 2003-03-11 12:04:38 by Tomasz Grysztar
Take your time and dont stress yourself, Privalov. We all love your work :)

You are a true artist of assembly :alright:
Posted on 2003-03-11 12:30:27 by bazik
let the man get the guide to FASM internals done so we can start adding what we want to the assembler

we can write the debugger once the guide to fasm internals is done
Posted on 2003-03-11 13:05:04 by rob.rice
Looking forward to that :)
Posted on 2003-03-11 20:20:13 by Odyssey
Again a very nice job from Privalov!:alright:
Posted on 2003-03-12 02:37:22 by Vortex
Hi Privalov!

Nice to hear your plans! ;) Good luck! :alright:
See you!
Posted on 2003-03-12 07:38:40 by Tommy
Hi Privalov!

After days of programming in FASM, I've found some features I really miss... Would be nice to have a kind of a make-file (a projectfile which includes multiple commands) or something that can be executed from the run-menu (an item called "build" or something)... Another feature I miss, is the parameters-dialog where you can deside the output-file's commandline...
Could you please help me (if you get time enough)?

Thanks! Take care! Keep up good working!
Posted on 2003-03-15 10:51:16 by Tommy
Hi Tommy.

IMHO: if you miss "make", it's better for you to use masm. Fasm (and especialy FASMW) power is in direct binary output. When I need obj output I am using masm or tasm.

Regards.
Posted on 2003-03-16 07:39:15 by JohnFound

IMHO: if you miss "make", it's better for you to use masm.

Or just use nmake (in \masm32\BIN\) from the MAS32 package, I've learned to like that util when doing mid to large projects, if you have lots of DLLs to compile then make is great, only rebuild what you need/changed (I must admit that I didn't like make at all first, but as I learned how it works I can honestly say my dislike for make was based on my formet lack of knowledge about it; <-- to simplify: "make: I'm sorry for judging you by the cover, you are usefull" ;))
Posted on 2003-03-16 09:48:26 by scientica
Hi!

Thanks for your response... Actually I didn't mean to use it in such cases, I was thinking about this when I worked with my OS. I was going to assemble two files to binary before I should combine them into one single file, but then I had to do this with a bat-file instead of inside fasm - to avoid too many things to do for each compile - and that made me wonder... :(

Well, anyway, maybe I should try to use makefiles instead.... Thanks again! (Sorry my bad English)...
Posted on 2003-03-17 00:45:21 by Tommy