Hi KetilO
how can I refresh the project browser?I think Radasm doesn't know about new files I create,in the projects dir,despite they show in the project browser.I need to stop radasm and launch it once more,that it starts to knnows about my new my files.
Can you tell me about please?
thanks
salme
Posted on 2003-03-12 18:58:58 by salme
Hi salme

Use Project / Add New or Add Existing

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-13 01:34:03 by KetilO
Hi KetilO
The issue is different:
I have on my the follwing:
2=&TD,0,T,TD.EXE,$.exe (TD is the turbodebugger)
so I'm using the<$.exe> as command line argument to pass to the turbo debugger,and then what happend is that TD opens directly my .exe file with the same name as my actual buffer.I mean if I'm working on a file say"myFile",I only need to click on my toolmenu Item TD to open "myFile.exe"in the Turbodebugger.That's all working fine,nothing to do with creating a new project, I only create a new file with simply File/New and put my code in it, make save as...assemble and link ank then want to open the TD,so this what happend:by catching the argument to TD<$.exe>which must expand to the complete file name of my buffer with an .exe extension, this is in an ideal world,but unfortunatly the argument my radasm TD item toolmenu gives is "",so what I'm doing now is to close radasm and then open it, and all works fine.Now when I launch TD it opens directly my .exe file.that's what I mean by Radasm doesn't know about my new file.Do you have an idea what I can do to avoid this clsing of radasm and open again.I hope you can tell me about.thanks.
salme
Posted on 2003-03-13 02:39:32 by salme
Just make shure your asm file is the topmost open file.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-13 05:40:04 by KetilO
I have my .asm file loaded in the buffer,and the project explorer shows the file in its listing,so I assume it's the topmost file,isn't it?then I hit my own TD toolmenu Item,and nothing happens as I explained. so ????
Posted on 2003-03-13 07:21:02 by salme
Does the .exe and the .asm have the same file name?
What OS are you using?
Is TD 16 bit?
Does TD support long filenames?

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-13 08:40:55 by KetilO
I think you need more explanations from me:
1- I'm calling TD through a batch file,like this
12=&TD,0,T,CMD,/K myBatch.bat,$.exe(this one is from you)
then in my batch file I can echo the argument received from CMD.exe (which must be $.exe)and that it must
expand to the complete file name of my current buffer,except one quote less at the end, It's the quote I
think which gives many user as I red on this group many problems to launch also Tlink. But I was able to
correct all this. For example I can now with the help of some written batch files with one click assemble or
link with tasm and Tlink without any help of "dos16" and without using any project, and it's working quiet
good.
I have complete control about the argument given to TD in my batch file like this:
TD -sd %1".(notice the missing " from Radasm that I give)
I'm also able in my batch file to echo the argument to control it like this:
echo %1
And that's why I'm sure that's the argument which is not right.
2-now to all other qestions:
yes exe and asm files have the same name
OS w2k sp3
TD is the the Turbo debugger for Dos from Borland
I think it supports longfilenames
what do you think about??
Posted on 2003-03-13 11:31:13 by salme
Hi salme

Try downloading 2.0.1.4 from this thread. It uses short pathnames instead of quotes on the tools menu.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-03-14 08:43:31 by KetilO