Hi!

I think "hutch" can answer this question the best way, cause he gave me the idea to use this function in the m32lib in the masm32-package.

So I used this function in my Program, but my linker (not the assembler) says that there are some "unresolved external blabla..." with this function.
How to solve this Problem?
thx for help
Posted on 2003-03-19 15:31:01 by ChigpA

So I used this function in my Program, but my linker (not the assembler) says that there are some "unresolved external blabla..." with this function.

The answer is: "you need to blabla"

You got the point? Give the complete error and we can help you :)
Posted on 2003-03-19 16:10:26 by bazik
ChigpA,

The "Unresolved External" error message means you are not including a required library and the linker cannot find the library it needs. If you look in the library module you find,

include \masm32\include\shell32.inc
include \masm32\include\user32.inc
include \masm32\include\ole32.inc

so you must ensure that you match the include files with the libraries.

includelib \masm32\lib\shell32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\user32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\ole32.lib

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-03-19 18:33:52 by hutch--
Why OLE32 for ShBrowseForFolder?
Posted on 2003-03-19 21:03:49 by iblis
You have to initialize the COM library with either CoInitializeEx or OleInitialize which is in the OLE lib before you can call SHBrowseFor Folder..........
Posted on 2003-03-19 21:11:21 by Gunner
Doh! Oh yeah. Totally forgot. :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-20 05:38:14 by iblis
thx for the answers

Here I go again with another question ?
(Question goes in another direction)

Nearly all packers which can create executable selfextracting archives (e.g. WinRAR) append the packed data at the end of the EXE-file, I think.
I want to do the same.
So, how to do? and how to access the data? after I have done it
Posted on 2003-03-20 08:38:38 by ChigpA
Basically you append the file onto the end of the PE file. That is the easy part, what you need as well is the start address of that extra data fronm the beginning of the file you append to and how long it is.

In my own stuff, I use an unused part of the DOS header to store the 2 DWORD values and from the running EXE file when you want this information, you put the instance handle into a variable and add the starting offset and you can then read the data that you wrote there.

Then its simply a matter of reading the data from the disk file where the EXE is.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-03-20 17:30:28 by hutch--