I have a some question about FASM...

How I can write macros for analog of union syntax in C++.
I want get something like

union my
{
int a;
char b;
};

my value;

value.a = 1;
value.b = 'a';

How how do it with FASM???
Thank's....
Posted on 2003-03-21 23:05:36 by vaxyzek
Hi!

Do you mean something like this?

struc MY {
.a dw ?
.b db ?
}
value MY
mov ,1
mov ,'a'

Or am I wrong? Well, anyway here's how to make structures in FASM...
Good luck!
Posted on 2003-03-22 02:01:56 by Tommy
FASM documentation, section 2.2.3 (search for the word "union"). ;)
Posted on 2003-03-22 04:59:04 by Tomasz Grysztar
Hi Privalov!

Are there anything new about the documentation or about the assembler? Do you release anything new soon (I read that you were going to complete a new "version" of the documentation soon)?

Well, see yah! Take care!
Posted on 2003-03-22 06:56:01 by Tommy
No, I won't do any major changes to the current documentation. What I'm about to release is the additional documentation for those, who want to modify the source code of flat assembler. Unfortunately, again once again it's delayed due to the lack of time, but it's progressing. When at least first chapters are complete I'll post it here.
Posted on 2003-03-22 07:59:15 by Tomasz Grysztar
Ok, I see! :) But that's very interesting too - actually I'm trying to modify it a little bit myself.

Keep up good working - but don't use too much time, you have to get some rest too! ;)
Take care! See you!
Posted on 2003-03-22 14:59:55 by Tommy
Oh, I almost forgot.... I've search through the forum and found out that you - instead of making a debugger - are going to (try to) find a way to get the linenumber out of an offset from the application (sources). Have you found any solutions yet?

Bye again! See you!
Posted on 2003-03-22 15:04:45 by Tommy
I don't have to search for a way, it's relatively simple to do - as you'll see when the additional docs are ready. ;) The problems is only it will take some time to write some module that will make a good use of it.
Posted on 2003-03-23 09:34:15 by Tomasz Grysztar
Cool! :alright: I really look forward to the additional documentation!!! ;)

Keep up good working! Take care!
Posted on 2003-03-23 12:05:22 by Tommy