I'm just wondering how to put an "transparent bitmap" ot the screen's DC. Screen-mates do that somehow or does they just paint pixel by pixel?????
I've made animateing fire but i've use regions and change the windows shape to fit the bitmap. I want to write that app again but with "painting on the screen".

Thnx
(dblclick the left button to close the fire)
Posted on 2001-09-22 03:19:24 by NEMO
Hi,

I'm sure that you'll enjoy the program on my homepage. It shows how to program a kind of screenmate, it's not ideal, but may be helpful. I would be glad if I could see teh source for your fire with the window regions, do you think that this is possible?

thnx,
NOP-erator
Posted on 2001-09-22 07:28:36 by NOP-erator
sure!
its based on TiTi's essay how to use regions using REGCreator.
didn't have the time to read closer to the source, but i think this is it!
but when i "surff" your homepage i found shape.zip and its based on the same idea as may anim fire

thnx
Posted on 2001-09-22 08:46:43 by NEMO
Microsoft agents (you know, the blue genius, the paper clip...) use regions to make them transparent, but on windows 2000 they use the new WS_EX_LAYERED window style. Read more on MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwui/html/layerwin.asp
Posted on 2001-09-22 09:54:42 by LuHa
(Sorry little off topic here, but the idea just popped in my head).

I got MS Agent to work in MASM about 6 months ago.. I havent gotten back into the source since, but if anyone is interested i could make an Angent Object compatable with our new oop model...

NaN
Posted on 2001-09-24 01:35:32 by NaN
i think i can now start re-coding my anim fire

thanx to all:alright:
Posted on 2001-09-24 02:56:26 by NEMO