Is the weather in Montreal normally quite close to the "predictions?" Or is it prone to suddenly becoming hot/cold? Field trip tomorrow... want to know what to bring (yay for last minute-ness)
Posted on 2003-03-24 22:00:30 by jademtech

Is the weather in Montreal normally quite close to the "predictions?" Or is it prone to suddenly becoming hot/cold? Field trip tomorrow... want to know what to bring (yay for last minute-ness)

Your a Canadian and you dont know?

We have a weather channel dude.

Their usually wrong and as a Canadian you should know this.

Bring an extra sweater.

LOL

:alright:
Posted on 2003-03-24 22:04:13 by IwasTitan
Go to the Bistro a Jojo on St. Denis and Maisoneuve, I lived there for most of my life and that was my favorite place to hang out. You have to like blues though, the best music ever invented. If your younger the St. Sulpice across the street is cool as well
	North

^
|
|
----------------- Ontario St.
| <---- St Denis St.
|
|
| <------ St Sulpice (across the street)
|
| [Bistro a Jojo]
|
| [Second cup]
------------------ Maisoneuve Ave
| <----- Berri UQAM Metro (subway) station (other side of the street)
|
Posted on 2003-03-24 22:13:19 by donkey
Heh, I lived in Montreal for a bit.. best living i ever done ;)

Was up on the plateau, by Prince Author and St. Laurent (McGill student ghetto).

Blues Fest was simply the best party I've been to yet. Nothing like having the entire downtown core closed off and your allowed to freely wonder around the streets with beer in you hand... :grin:

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-03-24 23:02:24 by NaN

We have a weather channel dude.

Their usually wrong and as a Canadian you should know this.

Bring an extra sweater.

i have *three* extra sweaters :p it's supposed to be from 1?C-16?C... i checked before, but i wasn't sure whether Montreal was prone to freak weather :grin: Thanks guys :) never check TO's weather, except during extremes - hm... so, how much above 40?C are we today?

Haha... i remember going in i guess, around spring (October or so) to Alice Springs in NT (what's with me and typing "sprint?" sprintf?) and it was already above 40?C! probably could have been fun, if it wasn't for those mozzie nets :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-24 23:09:24 by jademtech

Go to the Bistro a Jojo on St. Denis and Maisoneuve, I lived there for most of my life and that was my favorite place to hang out. You have to like blues though, the best music ever invented. If your younger the St. Sulpice across the street is cool as well
	North

^
|
|
----------------- Ontario St.
| <---- St Denis St.
|
|
| <------ St Sulpice (across the street)
|
| [Bistro a Jojo]
|
| [Second cup]
------------------ Maisoneuve Ave
| <----- Berri UQAM Metro (subway) station (other side of the street)
|

Hm... i'll try to check it out during "scheduled free time" :) we have to travel in at least pairs :rolleyes: i mean, many people from my trip can already drink there - why do we need travel buddies?
Posted on 2003-03-24 23:10:40 by jademtech
NaN

The city of festivals, there seems to be a new one every day. It is the best city on earth. I grew up in Hochelaga Maisoneuve ( the real Ghetto) though I don't live there anymore (I have moved to the country in Northern Ontario) I still own two appartment buildings on the Plateau (De la Bordeaux and Sherbrooke near Parc la Fontaine)

Travel Buddies ???

EDIT : Do you mean the Jazz Festival NaN ?
Posted on 2003-03-24 23:11:19 by donkey
Travel Buddies? uh huh... :rolleyes:

my school is situated in downtown TO... we're allowed to wander (and usually do) wherever we want between classes and for lunch. People go half way across town (well, we can't go all the way - since we're in the middle) for lunch sometimes - if they have enough time. and, no matter how bad a rap Quebecers (?) have as drivers, they're not all that bad :alright:

i've only been to Montreal in the middle of winter and summer where choice of garb is obvious and i watched a few carnies :)

anyway, i'm going to sleep now. i leave from school in about 9 hours, and i should pack :grin:
Posted on 2003-03-24 23:20:37 by jademtech