I found this code yesterday. My c++ is a bit rusty and I can't figure out how the edit control is created. He gets the handle to his edit control with a call to FindWindow but I can't for the life of me understand how the control is created in the first place. Hopefully someone can explain that to me?

If anyone's interested I'm attaching a rough translation to masm. It was copy/pasted from a bigger project as well so there's a bunch of unecessary stuff. ....so be warned. ;)

edit: I accidentally made the thread topic 'c++' instead of 'c++ question'. oops
Posted on 2003-03-28 09:09:37 by Will
Thanks to whoever edited the thread topic. :)

Basically this program just extends the browse for folder dialog (SHBrowseForFolder) and adds a button and edit control to enable users to create a folder from this dialog. It's pretty useful, since normally you'd have to create the folder in windows explorer (or dos if you're a freak :) ), then reopen the bff dialog since it doesn't refresh automagically.

So I'd be greatful if someone could satisfy my curiosity as to how this guy created the edit control.
Posted on 2003-03-28 14:50:52 by Will
IIRC that functionality is already built into SHBrowseForFolder.
Posted on 2003-03-28 16:34:44 by iblis