Hi everyone I recently had a spare hard drive in my machine that I put Linux on and then I had to return the drive (BTW, its a 6GB) anyway I installed the boot loader on the 6GB in the primary Linux partition, so once I removed it I used my brothers PC to make a boot floppy for my computer. I did the "fdisk /mbr" and restored the Master Boot Record, I did that but when I go into Win2K and it asks me for my password I enter it but the weird thing is that its goes and it says the "Applying the Personal Settings..." etc. then it goes right back to the login screen >=|
and I can't use my system and I really need to get started on a project!!

BTW, I have Win2K SP3 on one partition and Win95B on another partition. I'm currently using Win95B but is compatibility is horrible and it is quite unstable compated to Win2K.

Anyone have some suggestions?
Posted on 2003-03-29 15:49:21 by x86asm
Q: If you have Linux installed, why did you delete the bootmanager?

>Anyone have some suggestions?

A: Boot Win2K of CD, go into rescue console, do "fixboot" and "fixmbr" and reboot.
Posted on 2003-03-29 20:01:09 by bazik
Let's hope bazik's suggestion fixes your problem. For future stuff, you might want to check out winternals ERD commander, it's a great tool for managing b0rked windows installs. And be careful with linux in the future ^_^
Posted on 2003-03-31 02:39:05 by f0dder

Let's hope bazik's suggestion fixes your problem. For future stuff, you might want to check out winternals ERD commander, it's a great tool for managing b0rked windows installs. And be careful with linux in the future ^_^

I will, I sure learned my lesson :(
Posted on 2003-03-31 06:46:54 by x86asm