Thanks everybody for the suggestions of the first release. Some of them have been adopted in the new release. Some not yet.

This is the new release of Visual ASM. Please, send any bugs and/or suggestions.

Changes:
1.Select Procedure Combo:
a)"Select Procedure" becomes "Select Procedure Or Goto Top"
b)When selecting a procedure the first line of this procedure is the first visible line.
Thanks Joshua.

2.Add as many Batch Files from the Project menu which you can execute by
selecting "Run Batch File".(Not Using Pipes yet)

3.Improved support for Command line and *.vap file association; Joshua please check thoroughly.

Regards,

akyprian

PS: Joshua I 've got your email, thanks very much, I've seen it for a while, I got the idea but not tried it yet. Thanks.
Posted on 2003-03-31 05:35:17 by akyprian
Great work! :alright: :alright:

Maybe something like Intellisense would be great !!!!! ;)

Colio
Posted on 2003-03-31 06:26:47 by colio
Thanks colio,

What do you mean intellisense?

Regards
Posted on 2003-03-31 06:49:29 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

IntelliSense provides an array of options that make language references easily accessible. When coding, you do not need to leave the text editor to perform searches on language elements.
You can keep your context, find the information you need, insert language elements directly into your code, and even have IntelliSense complete your typing for you.

The source code editor must offers the following IntelliSense features:

Completion on various keywords
For example, if you type "invoke" and a space, IntelliSense will display a list of the
defined "PROC" in a drop-down menu.

Completion on Enum (const and variable) and Boolean
When a statement will refer to a member of an enumeration, IntelliSense will display a list of
the members of the Enum. When a statement will refer to a Boolean, IntelliSense will display
a true-false drop-down menu.

Syntax tips
Syntax tips display the syntax of the statement that you are typing.

Regards

Colio
Posted on 2003-03-31 07:50:01 by colio
Haven't had the time to really check out the new version yet, but will soon.

However file ascociation seems to works great now.

Thanks
Joshua
Posted on 2003-03-31 09:13:35 by Joshua
Everything woeks as expected but... the ComboBox does not show the procedures on FASM sources. A procedure in FASM is as the following:

proc WindowProc, hwnd, wmsg, wparam, lparam

Now the ComboBox should show "WindowProc" but it doesn't. Maybe it is a good idea to put somewhere two OptionButtons to let the user switch between MASM and FASM project. On FASM option the little 'plus' sign should also be present at the left pane in front of a procedure declaration.

President.
Posted on 2003-03-31 15:04:12 by president
I just downloaded the program and when I tryto run it I get a missing dll error.
Posted on 2003-03-31 15:12:06 by Odyssey
You have to download the old version first. then download the new one which contains only the executable. Replace the old executable with the new one.

President.
Posted on 2003-03-31 15:15:02 by president
Okay everything worked now. I thought the picture colio attached was a screen shot of the program :( Any way development is in the early stages and if the author keeps his interest in the project it can only get better.
Posted on 2003-03-31 15:38:07 by Odyssey
ok, finally had some time to try out the new version...

first o all file association works great now. Also thanks or making the selected proc appear at the top of the window (and i also like the goto top use). However i've got another suggestion. When adding 'other files' a new icon is created or 'other files' and the files are listed under it. however, if you now delete all these files, the icon still remains (this is the case for all the categories, 'other files' is just an example), perhaps it would be better to remove it again in this case.

Also, considering the recent discussion on this board (and my own preferences of course), perhaps it would be beneficial to include a setting, expand tab to X spaces, and let the user select a X (where 0 could be interpreted as don't change tab to spaces)

Oh yes, i would also assign some shortcut keys to the menu items (especially for the save,assemble, link and execute menus).

And finally, i know i've said it before, but i really like to see it included: a setting for the execute command.

That's it for now.
Once again, great work!

Thanks,
Joshua

BTW the 'run batch file' option is disabled, am i missing something?
Posted on 2003-04-02 14:59:24 by Joshua
Joshua,

Thanks for all suggestions. I appreciate it very much.

1)Remove TreeView items when they are not needed. Good suggestion, I had already thought of it, I will do it in the next release.

2)Expand tabs to spaces:Good idea-will be done.

3)Shortcut keys to the menu items:Good idea-will be done.

4)Execute command:Will be done-for the time being run whatever you want from a batch file-see below.

5)Batch files:Simply go to Project-Add File-Choose any batch file you want and this will be shown in the project tree like all other files of your Project. Now, You can run it. You can have as many batch files as you like with this method I used.
Posted on 2003-04-03 00:04:26 by akyprian