Im a unemployee, I have a lot of time. Im coding in Hex. :grin:

Delphi and Assembler. A years ago Hex for DOS app. Now Im studying hex for Win32. :)

it is weird, did you really program a full usefull app no spy'ing the opcode help or spy'ing compilator results?.
Wow you have some hability, but i dont se the point, except if you program PIC's or some of those stuff and you really dont have a compilator for the specific microprocessor.
Posted on 2004-05-20 03:42:49 by mauricioprado
Delphi, C#, ASP
Posted on 2004-05-20 04:13:25 by Azrim
I am currently using Delphi.
I have also used Java and C++ in the past, professionally.
ASM has only been useful at home, so far.
Posted on 2004-05-20 05:09:44 by Scali

Is Mov eax,eax are nop Too?:grin: .

Im gonna start build "Real Men" Plus Plus. or Delphi RealMen edition.:grin: . It must be profitable. :tongue:

that would be cool,.. controls, all the properties and captions shown in binary? image lists in binary..
hell, all you need is a RAD-looking hex editor. "Drag and drop 10101001010b onto the form 1010101110b and set the 1011b propery to 0"
Posted on 2004-05-20 05:13:53 by Azrim
for "professional" development (since I'm not a full time employee yet, just works as third party software developer), I used C, sometimes mixed with asm wherever needed (to interface with hardware), VB, C++. As for the IDE, I used Visual Studio, other than that, I used GCC and its related tools (auto conf, etc.) for linux. I'm not used to pascal or delphi, but I can code with it if I'm forced to by the client in the software project :o . I sometimes used nop (90h) for "development" in software that "has no source code available to me" :rolleyes: , I guess you know what I mean.
Posted on 2004-05-20 05:25:42 by Pinczakko
Hm.. someone resurected this thread
btw I dont see branfuck offered in this pool :)
Posted on 2004-05-20 16:50:06 by Mikky
I'm happy I can say pure and only asm... Enough at the moment.
Posted on 2004-05-23 03:19:11 by MazeGen
MazeGen, but you have low standards... you're happy even with a lowres black and white picture of Marilyn Monroe :)
(that is Marilyn Monroe, right? :))
Posted on 2004-05-23 09:48:53 by Scali
People that did shareware in asm, can you post links to your apps? I'd really like to see your programs
Posted on 2004-05-23 12:08:26 by Mikky
Hum, actually, now that I look at the poll options again, .NET is a bit strange there... It's not a language in itself, it's a framework.
You can code VB.NET, C++.NET, Fortran.NET etc...
I suppose the idea is that if you use any of such languages, that you choose the .NET option, rather than VB, C++ etc?
But then I wonder what the difference is. C++.NET is still C++ right?
Posted on 2004-05-23 12:45:57 by Scali

Hum, actually, now that I look at the poll options again, .NET is a bit strange there... It's not a language in itself, it's a framework.
You can code VB.NET, C++.NET, Fortran.NET etc...
I suppose the idea is that if you use any of such languages, that you choose the .NET option, rather than VB, C++ etc?
But then I wonder what the difference is. C++.NET is still C++ right?

The compiler for Visual C++ .NET is named differently by different people, but it can compile both managed (.NET) and unmanaged (traditional C++) code. VB.NET is very different from older VB versions. And then there's C#, the language that was specifically built for .NET. So .NET as a poll option is a bit strange, yes.

But this was a very old thread anyway, it shouldn't have been kicked..

Thomas
Posted on 2004-05-23 15:54:09 by Thomas
I'm not a pro, but I guess in the field I want to go in (embedded hardware development and ASIC design) I guess they use C and Asm mostly.
Posted on 2004-05-23 17:30:47 by x86asm
Where's Haskell and Prolog? :rolleyes:
Posted on 2004-05-23 17:58:48 by C0D1F1ED