My work has just bought a sony Net MD walkman, model MZ-N707. It's a cute little thing, and the device does what it's supposed to do pretty well. It was purchased because we need to do recording - the old tape device broke down, and it would be more expensive to get it fixed than buying a minidisc (and even though it's a high-quality tape recorder, the minidisc is better quality).

Now, the neat thing about this MD is that it has USB connection, so you are able to transfer audio faster than 1:1. The included software (OpenMG jukebox) seems totally retarded, though. Probably because of the recording industry pirate paranoia. I can easily move audio to the minidisc - and even though it's our own audio, the OMG (heh) software restricts how we can do this. But it seems that you cannot use OMG to import audio from the MD that it hasn't exported itself? Can this really be?

Now, is OpenMG just a piece of illogical crap but really able to do this? Is there other software? Or will I have to start a RE session, or altenatively use slow alternative and do "normal" recording? (The included optical cable insures the quality is fine, but it's still 1:1 recording speed).
Posted on 2003-04-04 03:18:39 by f0dder
Posted on 2003-04-04 03:22:39 by bazik
Uhm... maybe I should have checked the source code before posting the link :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-04 03:41:21 by bazik
humm, isn't that for recording *to* the minidisc, and using normal 1:1 copying? Recording to the minidisc isn't much of a concern, recording *from* it is :(
Posted on 2003-04-04 03:48:28 by f0dder