i'm a assembly programmer that never use macros,but i want to know what macros
are used often by others programmers to make assembly programing easier.Thanks.
Posted on 2003-04-06 13:02:19 by octavio

They make your sources shorter, and to some extent more readable*.

*a myth. :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-06 15:14:20 by Maverick
Macros can be used to abstract out constants (values or functions). Like in math we give a function a name (i.e. f(x,y)=x^2 + y^2), then we can say something in a brief way (i.e. f(u-2, v+2)). The concepts used in a macro should be well documented. Most all languages have some form of macro - like dynamic cut-n-paste with auto-replace text.
Posted on 2003-04-06 15:53:26 by bitRAKE
if you're looking for specific macros, here's my macros.inc attached. All of them are picked from this board (sorry for not including author names, but I just copy+pasted stuff for own use - I would suspect bitRAKE is the author of at least half of them ^_^)
Posted on 2003-04-06 15:56:00 by f0dder
I'm writing a new assembler, and i was searching a good reason to include macro support in it or something to improve assembly language sintax.I haven`t found.
Many macros are used to write inline subroutines, i think that the 'inline' instruction would be better for this pourpose.Others macros are just text replacement, this can be done by a text processor.
Programs i have seen that use many macros are not examples of good source code,and are less readable for others programmers.
Posted on 2003-04-10 12:03:43 by octavio