As you already know I've got a funcktion in a DLL, wich calls every Second a function from the mainfile.

I have whole rc-file for the Dialog. - Only a dialog nothing else.
How i can sum up all the crap ?

I only need to have a function in it wich get called from the dll.

Byeus tschauus !
Posted on 2003-04-08 05:51:05 by Forginforcer
The dll cannot really "just call" a function in the main exe, you will have to do a bit of setup first. The exe needs to notify the dll of the location of the function to be called (this is named a "callback"). So, your dll needs two functions:

- one which is exported, which the exe calls with the address of its own function to be called (registers the callback)

- another function (doesn't need to be exported) which calls the function in the exe every second.

I would give you a couple of example lines of code, but i am too lazy ;)
Posted on 2003-04-08 06:20:57 by sluggy
Red,

A couple of basic things, you can run a dialog from a DLL with no problems but you need to set up what sluggy suggested, a message handling proc so that the dialog can be displayed and process messages.

You should get the instance handle passed to the LibMain or DLLmain and use that instance handle for any API calls that need it in the DLL.

Then you can set a timer and do what you need in the parent EXE file.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-04-08 06:46:44 by hutch--
Hi, i neednt a dialogbox.
I could be invisible. It doesnt matter.
So, i nee3d the api messages.

Need i more than the funktion and the include-commands for the Library, to call from the libarry the one function in the mainfile ???

I know that I'm not a good coder, perhaps you help me.

Thanks four your Help !

P.S. Im not realy sure, what I have to do now !
Posted on 2003-04-08 07:03:50 by Forginforcer

I know that I'm not a good coder, perhaps you help me.

<some german advice>
Forginforcer,
Vielleicht solltest du erstmal etwas mehr ueber Win32 Programmierung im Allgemeinen lesen, bevor du dich an Assembler machst. Du scheinst naemlich noch nicht viel Erfahrung zu haben und Assembler ist nicht grad die beste Wahl als erste Sprache ;)
Auf jeden Fall solltest du dir die Platform SDK besorgen, da dort sehr viel Dokumentation zu den einzelnen API Funktionen steht und du mit Hilfe der Suchfunktion zu vielen deiner Fragen die Antwort selber findest (da dort auch viele Code Beispiele enthalten sind).

Ausserdem solltest du zu deinen Fragen immer deine bisherigen Versuche im Quellcode posten, damit andere dir sagen k?nnen wo deine Fehler liegen.

Letztendlich lernst du nichts dabei wenn andere den Code fuer dich schreiben. :|

</some german advice>

Sorry for writing in German, but it seems that his English is almost worse than his programming skills :grin: (just kidding ;) )
Posted on 2003-04-08 07:27:04 by bazik
Hi, thanks for your german action ! - Bit I prefer frech action ! *hihihi*

Where I can get this SDK-documentation ?

I would post code, but i havnt any already !

Thanks bazik !

P.S. Is my english soooooooooooooooo bad ?
Posted on 2003-04-08 07:35:23 by Forginforcer

Where I can get this SDK-documentation ?

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=3067
Posted on 2003-04-08 07:43:33 by bazik