i think maybe this is a joke, but is in a good page. i think... i extract some info:

Eventually, we will probably merge Windows and Linux to create Winux.

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentation of their women.

ypu can see the document here http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20030401/index.html

but what you think??, this is true??.. is a joke??? is an opportunity for other free OS in the world?? what is next????

Windows sucks?? WINUX???? ... baah

please let me know if this is a joke...

i dont find.. much info about this important thing.. if is true...

Have nice day.
Posted on 2003-04-09 12:14:00 by rea
Created:
April 1, 2003 :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-09 12:22:50 by Hiroshimator
Well. Take a look at the date on which this was posted. Look really close.
Posted on 2003-04-09 12:25:27 by Sephiroth3
http://packetstormsecurity.nl/unix-humor/microsoft.buys.linux.html and it's not april 1 but June 21, 1998

<insert secret message>

analyze closely the url ^_^ <--- secret text... cool huh??? :P

</insert secret message>
Posted on 2003-04-09 12:29:32 by arkane
but this is in the page of tom's hardware.. i dunno.. but i have a question.. here.. we have a day called "dia de los santos inocentes" in english is some like "day of innocent saints"the celebration is in December 28 in tht day... we make some jokes.. and "never" give money.. if you give.. you are an innocent.. all that you give to other.. is to other and never for you.. i think you dont understand this last part.. ok, but the fact.. if this is a joke in a official page..

The question is: you celebrate a similar day.. in April 1??????

a yea.. nice secret text :D

Have nice day.
Posted on 2003-04-09 13:33:11 by rea
http://www.denounce.com/msnuke.html

well heck, even microsoft can play that game but I don't think they will do it, considering their reputation, how large their company is... I doubt MS will play this kind of game, but hey everyone's free to do it. :grin:

ask rondog if MS has/had played any april fools joke - If I recall correctly, he works for the evil empire. :grin: :grin: (no offense intended) :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-09 13:59:50 by arkane

but this is in the page of tom's hardware.. i dunno.. but i have a question.. here.. we have a day called "dia de los santos inocentes" in english is some like "day of innocent saints"the celebration is in December 28 in tht day... we make some jokes.. and "never" give money.. if you give.. you are an innocent.. all that you give to other.. is to other and never for you.. i think you dont understand this last part.. ok, but the fact.. if this is a joke in a official page..

The question is: you celebrate a similar day.. in April 1??????

a yea.. nice secret text :D

Have nice day.

April 1 is "April fools" day. A day on which everybody tries to play a prank on everyone :)
Posted on 2003-04-09 14:26:17 by Hiroshimator
this is not a joke .
there is a team working on a free clone of windows NT
called ReactOS with linux , bsd and OS2 APIs
Posted on 2003-04-25 23:00:16 by rob.rice
yes, why innovate when you can imitate? :|

If that ever becomes functional MS' legal machine will crush it.
Posted on 2003-04-26 09:36:24 by Hiroshimator
This has to be pronounced in a late 40s Charlie Chan movie fake chinese accent.

"Ah, Lindows". :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com

Donkey, there is a trick to it, either own you own licenced copy of MASM so you can do what you like or alternatively develop the application for Windows and see if it runs on ReactOS as well.

At least when you own MASM you get all the manuals with it and funny enough, the best ones are from MASM 6.0 which I bought in 1990. :tongue:
Posted on 2003-04-26 10:12:50 by hutch--
thay have it up to the point that it will boot the computer and run a few text
based apps but thay are spliting the kernel the
base kernel has most of the low levle api ( file system , keyboard memory &
process management , printer controll , pixel drawing )
the gui will be run on top of the base kernel and have most of the high levle API

right now thay need help with the gui
(anybody pissed at M$ here is your legal way to get back)

as far as I know M$ dose't have a copy right on the NT API
like thay will have on whatever will replace XP

I may be wrong on this BUT I don't think M$ will mess with them
after all there are free compillers and assemblers that compete
with M$ products and thay aren't stealing any code from M$

thay may have to change some of the details of how it looks
to get around look and feel lawsuites

here is there web site If anybody wants to learn more or even help

http://www.reactos.com/
Posted on 2003-04-26 11:58:32 by rob.rice

yes, why innovate when you can imitate? :|

Hmm... If I take this out of context, it looks like that you are talking about linux. :)
Posted on 2003-04-26 12:43:30 by Starless
hehe

*insert low blow about gentoo portage being better than freebsd ports system* :tongue:

been toying with BSD a bit, kinda like it so far though I probably still miss big parts which still make gentoo in all its now unmaintainability better than freebsd :)
Posted on 2003-04-26 12:50:50 by Hiroshimator
kinda off topic

True, FreeBSD's ports system is not perfect. Personally, OpenBSD ports system is the best for my taste. IIRC Gentoo founder was impressed by OpenBSD ports system and he copied the idea. (I read that article somewhere at IBM site, but don't remember the URL.)

BTW, does Gentoo work with Intel's compiler? Intel's compiler puts me in the mood for linux. :)
Posted on 2003-04-27 02:06:46 by Starless