hi all,

after a poeriod of about 1 mounth as unemployment i'm about to start a new job. This time as programmer, the dream of my life :)

The firsty step wilo be the porting of some C routines of image compressione from x86 to pocket pc xscale. Seems it will be not very hard since routines are in C.

I'm very happy.

B7
Posted on 2003-04-12 09:08:09 by Bit7
congrats Bit7 :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-12 09:20:36 by dion
I need a job, but since I'm a kid no one will take me seriously :(
Posted on 2003-04-12 13:40:17 by x86asm
Write a program that does something useful. Doesn't have to be a word processor but could be a sophisticated timer or something. Then call a company and ask for the name of the Engineering Department's manager name. Send him a copy of it and Human Resources (if they have one). The smaller the company, the better. Then tell them you'll be taking Computer Science or something in college when you get out of high school and you'd really like the chance at an internship at minimum wage (or free if you can). If you can work somewhere like that for the summer, you're in! You've got a resume started. Now you can aim higher. At least if you get to do some coding at that summer job.
Posted on 2003-04-12 14:26:47 by drhowarddrfine

Write a program that does something useful. Doesn't have to be a word processor but could be a sophisticated timer or something. Then call a company and ask for the name of the Engineering Department's manager name. Send him a copy of it and Human Resources (if they have one). The smaller the company, the better. Then tell them you'll be taking Computer Science or something in college when you get out of high school and you'd really like the chance at an internship at minimum wage (or free if you can). If you can work somewhere like that for the summer, you're in! You've got a resume started. Now you can aim higher. At least if you get to do some coding at that summer job.

Seems like an excellent procedure! I'll certainly do something along the lines of that :alright:
Posted on 2003-04-12 15:18:21 by x86asm
thanks all, :)

yes, x86

drhowarddrfinedrhoward id right, i've never tought it befor but it's a very nice idea.
Posted on 2003-04-13 08:07:29 by Bit7
congrats bit7 :alright:
Posted on 2003-04-13 08:09:53 by Hiroshimator

hi all,

after a poeriod of about 1 mounth as unemployment i'm about to start a new job. This time as programmer, the dream of my life :)

The firsty step wilo be the porting of some C routines of image compressione from x86 to pocket pc xscale. Seems it will be not very hard since routines are in C.

I'm very happy.

B7

Congrats!

And keep those tips in mind: http://mindprod.com/unmain.html :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-13 11:32:34 by bazik
Congratulations Bit7:alright:
Posted on 2003-04-13 11:33:14 by Vortex
thx all again !

bazik,

hahaah very nice link, the problem is that for now i'm the maintenance, but if the coder follow your guide now i know the secret :)
Posted on 2003-04-13 15:32:17 by Bit7
Congrat Bit7.

What is shopisticated ? Is it Very usefull?:confused:

Hmmmm..., looks like Im the only one unemployee here. X86 how old you are? How about joining my project for free ? :grin: .

Im 19 Y.O
Posted on 2003-04-14 07:14:07 by realvampire

Ciao Bit7 :)
Did you see my PM?
Posted on 2003-04-14 08:26:36 by Maverick

Congrat Bit7.
Hmmmm..., looks like Im the only one unemployee here. X86 how old you are? How about joining my project for free ? :grin: .
Im 19 Y.O

I'm 18, in 1 month I'll be 19, too. :)
I am also unemployee. Whats' your project?
Posted on 2003-04-14 08:37:13 by Ultrano
Congratulations, Bit7.
Posted on 2003-04-14 09:01:55 by f0dder

I'm 18, in 1 month I'll be 19, too. :)
I am also unemployee. Whats' your project?

Check at TheHeap Forum ' FARABI is Open Source.....,'.

I want you to Finish Jmp Instruction.
:alright: Good Luck.
Posted on 2003-04-14 10:30:27 by realvampire
:confused: no "please" ?! I've got a vital project of mine, I don't know if I'll have the time and energy to help. Btw, what is that GDI usage stuff that better be with IE or network turned off? My program uses BitBlt a lot, and I am scared by this bug. Any solution, pleeze? :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-14 11:31:28 by Ultrano

:confused: no "please" ?! I've got a vital project of mine, I don't know if I'll have the time and energy to help. Btw, what is that GDI usage stuff that better be with IE or network turned off? My program uses BitBlt a lot, and I am scared by this bug. Any solution, pleeze? :grin:

Yah, dont Install IE. This stuff is a Code seeker, Assistance for HexCoder.
Posted on 2003-04-14 11:43:41 by realvampire
sorry for latest reply,

i'm 32. Yes, seems i'm old to start my programming way... Until now i worked in varios factories here in italy, but i confess i was never happy on my job, i was never doing what i really love: programming. Some times ago i've decided to leave my job for some troubles.. now i've decided to try the programming way. For now i'm in a proove period, working at home.

In any case the drhowarddrfinedrhoward suggestion about to do some useful stuff and send it to a factory engineering dpt manager is a nice and impressive way about they can take you in consideration.

Thanks all again, hope i can enter the job-programming world. It's real competitive. Now i have to finish my first job before the pocketpc disappear from the shop hahahah :)

Mav, sorry i read very few time my PS. I'm going now !
Posted on 2003-04-14 15:39:44 by Bit7

Hi QuadWord7 ;)
working at home.
That's very very good, IMHO. :alright:

Mav, sorry i read very few time my PS. I'm going now !
Oki.. and congratulations and best wishes again! :alright:
Posted on 2003-04-14 15:46:41 by Maverick

Congrat Bit7.

Im 19 Y.O

I'm 16 :), I would love to join but I have a killer semester in school:
Here are my classes:

Advanced Gr. 11 Math
Computer Science
Advanced Chemistry
Advanced Physics!!

I need all the time I can get to study!!!
Posted on 2003-04-14 17:27:19 by x86asm