Hey I made a DLL in MASM32 and I want to be able to use the DLL in VC++, I used the dynamic linking for another of my DLL's and that was a total pain in the (you know what...), anyway the linker made a LIB and I did link it but I keep getting an error unresolved external symbol. Any special settings I need to make sure the LIB is compatible with VC++?
Posted on 2003-04-13 19:05:40 by x86asm
hm... you're not trying to make a static linked library, are you? everything should be defined within your dll. Any variables that need to be passed should be done so via parameters, afaik.

There should be an example of a DLL in
x:\masm32\EXAMPLE1\DLL

where x is the drive in which you installed masm32 (assuming you're using Hutch--'s package). Iczelion also has a tutorial on this (#23, iirc)

Anyway, if you posted your source (both VC and asm) it might be easier to spot... we all know how easy it is to overlook our own mistakes (and spend hours and hours trying to figure out what is wrong until someone points out the obvious :rolleyes: )

Hm... if your program is puking when being linked /w C, you may be missing stuff in your asm .DEF file.
Posted on 2003-04-13 20:10:28 by jademtech