Hello,

I search a good Win32ASM Coder who can change a
EXE - Protector and add some new options.

Needed:
Trialdays To select days how long run the apps.
Serialmanager, To make or protect programs with serials.

Who can help?
Posted on 2003-04-15 09:35:29 by Fred
1) that's outside the scope of this board, as it would require reverse engineering.
2) it's lame. If you intend to do something like this, write your OWN code.
:mad:
Posted on 2003-04-15 10:22:25 by f0dder
www.rentacoder.com

Nothing to do in MASM32 section btw : moved to the Heap.
Posted on 2003-04-15 10:26:35 by JCP
Fred, I'll code you one from scratch.
How much money do you have to spend?
More money = better protection + features.
Posted on 2003-04-15 10:28:56 by bitRAKE
you should give up the idea of protection anyway. It obvious you can't code anything worthwhile yourself - if you try, it will suck and be nothing but a pain for end users, while pirates will laugh and have no problem at all.

If you buy some of the cheaper premade protection systems out there, it's the same.

You probably will not be able to afford any of the "high-grade" systems, and those can be pesky too. Just give up, and spend your time making your softwhile worthwhile to purchase.
Posted on 2003-04-15 10:32:35 by f0dder
Hmm, f0dder - that's pretty interesting. your anti-cr4cking skills should be about equal to your programming skills (or at least your ability to write one). Therefore, the protection scheme that someone can write should match or better the skill required for the program that is being protected. If someone's anti-anti-cr4cking skills are at a certain level, than it is likely that the person can write the program themselves (albeit, in more time, most likely).
Posted on 2003-04-15 13:56:39 by jademtech

your anti-cr4cking skills should be about equal to your programming skills (or at least your ability to write one). Therefore, the protection scheme that someone can write should match or better the skill required for the program that is being protected.
This is not true. It's like saying, "If your a good shoplifter then you should be able to run the store your stealing from." They are separate skills - each of which can be honed separately.
Posted on 2003-04-15 20:41:56 by bitRAKE
True. i have faulty logic :alright: although i think your analogy is slightly lacking, point taken :grin:

:stupid:
Posted on 2003-04-15 23:12:24 by jademtech
protection skills and reversing/craxxoring skills usually go hand in hand.
But you can be a super programmer without knowing anything about reversing/protecting.
Posted on 2003-04-16 01:53:31 by f0dder
Hey you guys, IMHO

"If It can run, sooner or later It will be defeat." :grin:

This seems always TRUE (at least on M$ platforms).
Posted on 2003-04-16 07:22:35 by Bi_Dark
Uhhhh..., ahhhh. Uaaaahhrrrrrggghh.:grin: . OOps :o. I mean yeah. It will pain the user. Split your prog by two, tell the user it is shareware Please donate. If they pay, give them the Commercial version with their name installed, Tell them. Thanks for donationg us, this CD is Bonus.
Posted on 2003-04-17 03:40:11 by realvampire