Hello, it is possible to jump with the filepointer to a specify line ?
What can I also do with this pointer ? I only know the atribute jump to the file's end.

Thanks in advance !
Posted on 2003-04-15 16:56:52 by Forginforcer
No, the file pointer is the current byte pointer, if you need to get to a specific line you'll have to parse the text. IIRC there are some examples of this in earlier questions on the board.

Thomas
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:01:00 by Thomas
Hi, I just googled a little bit. But I havnt a real imaginig how parsing could work. I know the sicnification, but what that could be not at all !

@MW
Perhaps you can cast something in my brain ? - Notrogen is boring ! :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:14:33 by Forginforcer
Forginforcer you should go through Iczelion's tutorials, they'll teach you a lot and they're also available in German (look in the translation forum the link is there somewhere)

It will teach you a lot.

As for this problem: you will need to find out what constitutes the end of a line, usually that's CRLF (10,13) but it can differ when you get a file from a different system and most wordprocessors compensate so you don't notice. So you'll need to check for the end of line values and jump there.
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:31:21 by Hiroshimator
Forginforcer,
here is a link to the German translation of the assembly tutorials:

http://people.freenet.de/joachimrohde/win32asm_tutorial.html
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:36:14 by bazik
Hm i cant sugest myself something else, taht sems the unique solution.

@Hiroshimator
Thanks four your useful tip ! - I diceidet to read it in english, because I'm a HARDCORE-LAMER. I just get it on my heart: I'm reading the winsock torture. Thanks you and you a lot !
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:44:07 by Forginforcer
You would really do better reading the German tutorials...
Posted on 2003-04-15 17:53:04 by bazik
I haven't proby yet. I translatet lots of hacking and phreaking tutorials from english to german language. I choose this DOKs, because they give a specify athmosphere.

Thanks for your hint, but I want to improve my english (non-)skill.

Your are so nice. Thanks a lot !
Posted on 2003-04-15 18:17:35 by Forginforcer
Just do something like

1. Open file
2. Readfile to heap/Memory map the file
3. Search for CRLF (0dh or 0ah would be fine)
4. Then get the address and minus the original pointer
5. Use the api SetFilePointer to jump to whereever you want to go
Posted on 2003-04-16 08:08:57 by roticv