Well, i never thought it could happen to me but it finally has. Dont know what the future holds for me now.
This is how it happened - I was not well for the past few days having fever and dry cough so i went to the doctor to get a checkup done. And after all the testing he told me that i was SARS positive. :(

SARS = Single And Really Sexy ;-)
Posted on 2003-04-22 08:38:03 by clippy
Sorry to hear that. Where do you live? You will probably be OK, though. Most people get through this.
Posted on 2003-04-22 08:45:02 by drhowarddrfine
Originally posted by gladiator
Well, i never thought it could happen to me but it finally has. Dont know what the future holds for me now.
This is how it happened - I was not well for the past few days having fever and dry cough so i went to the doctor to get a checkup done. And after all the testing he told me that i was SARS positive. :(

SARS = Single And Really Sexy ;-)

:grin:

I wonder what are the odds to get SARS? ;)
Posted on 2003-04-22 08:54:43 by Petroizki
Come on Man, You destroyed my joke, even before it began. :eek:
You shouldnt have quoted my post and it would have been real fun. :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:00:02 by clippy
So you really had gonohrea?
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:02:05 by drhowarddrfine
sorry for destroying this thread.. ;)
I also wonder would i have been banned, if i had quoted only the last line without gladiator's name in it...

i think you shouldn't joke such a serious manner thou :rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:20:58 by Petroizki
gladiator,

Look at it this way, as long as you are not AIDS positive, you probably don't have much to worry about.

Here is a question, does the caption under your name mean "code fondler" ? :tongue:

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:34:42 by hutch--

i think you shouldn't joke such a serious manner thou :rolleyes:

Petroizki,you are %100 right.This is not a subject to make jokes.
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:36:59 by Vortex
that's not very funny. Quite a few people have died because of it already.
I know someone in hong-kong which hasn't been on icq for a while now :(
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:44:20 by Hiroshimator
My dad went to China for vacation before the SARS out break and just returned 2 days ago. I'm avoiding him for a few weeks to make sure it's not contracted, and everyone else he would have seen in my family too just to make sure we're all kosher.

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2003-04-22 09:56:06 by _Shawn
The measures taken in singapore are extremely drastic. Hehe.. I got 2 weeks *break* period, as there was no school while the goverment go do what they think is the best to keep the problem done. For those that went to SARS affected countries, you would end up getting a 10 day quaratine period, in which you are stuck at home and unable to travel anywhere. Those that are supposed to be quaratined and yet did not heel the order would be fined S$5000. Right now, even after the good friday weekend, we need to declare whether we left the coutnry or not. Those that are found to leave the country needs to take their temperature everyday. It is stated that SARS in singapore is rooted from Esther Mok. Hehe.. If you want more details, I will rackle my brains and type it out later.
Posted on 2003-04-22 10:21:32 by roticv
I am with Hiro here. Making jokes about that topic is a bad thing (tm).
Posted on 2003-04-22 11:37:17 by bazik
yes, over 4000 cases, and it increase. Seems a bad sense of humor.
Posted on 2003-04-22 12:53:07 by Bit7
I doubt gladiator meant any harm by it.
Posted on 2003-04-22 13:38:06 by iblis

before the SARS out break

Well, that might have been a few years ago. I've heard from one that has lived in China, that this virus has been around for a few years, perhaps not as agressive as it is now, but I haven't been able to get any confimation/dementation of the information so I don't know how true it is, has anybody else some info that might confirm/dementate this?
I've also heard that this SARS virus is of the family Corona, and that it is, was, similar to some influensa virus. There's lots of questions in my head about this virus, I only know I don't got it, yet no ####cans has take some patent on the virus, and that I know little of it. :(
<PARANOID_CONSPIRACY_MODE>
Who knows, maybe some country developed and spread the virus to test it, before they release it and blame the "world wide happy terrorist famlily" so they can have more millitary "excercies", and become ever more the "unwilling world police" and save the world and make a movie and computer game of it.
</PARANOID_CONSPIRACY_MODE>
Posted on 2003-04-22 14:58:40 by scientica

that's not very funny. Quite a few people have died because of it already.
I know someone in hong-kong which hasn't been on icq for a while now :(
I got a pack from Hong Kong (a PCMCIA card for my brother's portable PC.. I opened it for him since he's away and he needed to know if it was all right), so if I die you know why.. ;-|

Lately I've been sneezing a lot.. is this an early symptom maybe? :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-22 17:09:08 by Maverick
Try living in Ontario...

I dont want to get anywhere NEAR Toronto. Too many people acting stupid.

A highschool teenager was quarentined with her family (from here mother's posible interaction).

The kid was worried about writing her finals and getting into University. So she wrote them. Now the entire class, and their families are quarintined! Just one case of stupidity, out of many.

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-04-22 17:32:40 by NaN
Yup... we had a grade 8 quarantined at my school (along /w his/her whole family) Out of isolation now.
Posted on 2003-04-22 17:38:57 by jademtech
My brother-in-law goes to China a lot and got quarantined in a hotel for a while recently. BTW, if you have Compaq, you have his case.
Posted on 2003-04-22 20:41:03 by drhowarddrfine
Eeeeeps, Sorry guys. :(

Of course the joke was meant in a good spirit and not to make fun of anyone infectd with SARS.

But remember next time i would be more careful with my jokes and you would be fooled :grin: I am improving each time :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-23 02:12:52 by clippy