Hey im digging around here to see if anyone has an example they would like to share.

I know the basics of ListView controls, but to be honest i dont use them alot. I know you can somehow get them to work like the control panel would (with icons and text below) but i havent seen much converstion (on or off) this board.

Does anyone have an example I can study from? Or a good web link that walks you though the areas of concern. Im not looking for a "packaged" solution. Just something to learn from....

Thanks alot!

PS: I found one kinda neat zip, but its in VB. Losts of things i didnt know Listviews can do here...

:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2003-04-22 21:09:32 by NaN
As well, what do you think is a better practice for Icons in list views. I though you had to produce an Image List (irratating to build ahead of time), but i see you can also use Icons separately.

Whats the pros and cons here? Give me your thoughts if you dont mind...

Thanx again!
:NaN:
Posted on 2003-04-22 21:12:41 by NaN
hm..i have noticed that sub items (when radio is checked) doesn't get a background color when set (only first/last columns).
it needs subitems editing capabilities, that would be great feature as well.

i did a small article on listview (VC) but since masm is identicle in its concept, it wouldn't be that hard to convert from :)
http://codeproject.com/useritems/ListView.asp
Posted on 2003-04-23 04:02:20 by wizzra
There is also an old MSJ article (but more interesting is the sample code):

www.microsoft.com\msj\0998\control\controltop.htm
Posted on 2003-04-23 15:51:40 by LuHa
Thanks for the suggestions..

As well, i found a pretty clear example in the masm package itself (always forget to check these examples).

Ewayne did a pretty good job!
\masm32\EXAMPLE7\LISTVIEW

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-04-23 19:01:49 by NaN