RadASM has become my favourite IDE when programming.Thank u for ur great work.

Here's a piece of addvice:
Can you make it possible to save BookMarks?
Because when reading a very long code which I can't finish at one time, I will mark somewhere important.But next time when I open the asm file,the BookMarks all disappear. It will take me some time to redo all the work.

I think it's a piece of cake for u.
Posted on 2003-04-24 09:58:40 by dyna
Hi Ketil,

I would like this also. There is the option of editing the RAD file directly but that is a bit akward. I have written a permanent bookmark editor for RadASM as an addin but unfortunately the bookmarks are reset to the startup values once you close the project. I have attached the AddIn file but unless you change the behavior or allow the addin to block the overwriting of the bookmarks it's pretty much useless. The AddIn works but it is not tested for bugs because I saw no point in continuing with the project.

EDIT: I have made a change that allows you to insert the current line just in case Ketil decides to disable the reset of the bookmarks in the RAP file.

<Attachment deleted - See my last post>
Posted on 2003-04-24 12:29:18 by donkey
I was just thinking that maybe the first field in the bookmark entry of the RAP file is actually the file ID (i.e. 0 for the main ASM file) and not the column number. Oh well, if the changes are made to RadASM, I'll check it out but for now it doesn't seem to wise to waste alot of time on it.
Posted on 2003-04-24 14:14:23 by donkey
bookmars are a good idea - but so is modularization :)
Posted on 2003-04-24 14:24:23 by f0dder
The nice thing about RadASM bookmarks is that they span modules :)
Posted on 2003-04-24 14:30:36 by donkey
that's pretty nice :)
Posted on 2003-04-24 14:37:06 by f0dder
Actually playing around with the bookmarks you can save the bookmarks to a file by using ctrl-0..9 type bookmarks. These are saved to the RAP file and are available to you when you re-open the project. The editor doesn't add much to this feature so I removed it. :)

Darn Ketil, he's already thought of everything, doesn't leave alot for us to do :grin:
Posted on 2003-04-24 14:52:57 by donkey