Hi Vortex,

Here's a little utility that I've been using to translate Hutch's include files directly to the fasm type you're making. If you're interested it's attached but warning - it's written in MASM for RadASM.

It requires the name of the include and the paths for the ansi and unicode files to be created in.

It's not efficient but so far it seems reliable. After all it i sonly run once per file.
Posted on 2003-05-14 15:10:52 by donkey
Hi Donkey,

I tried your utility,it works fine.:alright:
Nice idea of using graphical interface.
Posted on 2003-05-15 01:39:00 by Vortex
bushpilot,

I would suggest, however, before starting ANY project that will involve distributing another's work, whether it be FASM, MASM, GoASM or anything else, you contact the legal owner of the software. It is only fair, courteous, and right.

What ever happened to reading a license and taking it at face value?

The three examples you give (FASM, MASM, and GoASM) each have clearly stated licenses. If Mr. Gordon wishes to license his product beyond what is stated in his published license, it should be up to him to state this. What is "fair, coureous, and right" is to respect each license as stated.

I happen to be using FASM according to its published license. I also happen to have given some support to Mr. Grysztar in return.

You inference that if someone does not "contact the legal owner of the software", he is not being "fair, courteous, and right" is silly.

Most people publishing a license for their software (including me and my firm), have clearly and concisely stated the rules of use and distribution in that product in the published license.

Should I be offended by each person who buys my software but does not contact me concerning the license to not be "fair, courteous, and right"?
Posted on 2003-06-08 18:37:13 by msmith
Hi msmith,

I think you maybe misunderstood my intent, which was not to give legal advice. Notice I used the terms "fair, courteous, and right" - not exactly legal terms. I also meant to refer to a specific case, but then made it so general that I did stick my foot in my mouth. :tongue:

Mr. Gordon's license is adequate enough for my use. However, for others that may not be the case.

I acknowledge the likely legal validity of your thoughts (not being a lawyer of course).:) and thank you for your post.

And I appreciate you setting things straight in a courteous manner.

Greg
Posted on 2003-06-09 03:42:00 by bushpilot
Hi bushpilot,

No problem.

Thank you for your response.
Posted on 2003-06-09 08:52:12 by msmith
It would be good to be able to use static libraries with GoLink. :)
Posted on 2003-06-09 11:25:24 by Vortex
I have talked to alink's author and gotten permission to update it and redistribute it (e.g., via sourceforge). I don't think that the distribution is an issue with alink.

Someday when I get some time, I'll move back to that project (trying to get my Windows Programming in Assembly book on-line right now).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-06-10 23:54:50 by rhyde