The Win32.hlp file is WinHelp 1 format, your windows help system is probably HTMLHelp 1. They aren't directly compatible, you're probably better off to create a link on your start menu or desktop. Depending on the IDE that you use to code in you can usually add it to the menu.
Posted on 2003-05-01 22:37:33 by donkey
I love RadASM's ability (via the MSDNHelp plugin) to show the exact API selected in the editor from Win32.hlp when F1 is pressed.

PS: Thanks for the RadASM Help file Donkey! It's well done.
Posted on 2003-05-01 22:57:28 by Masmer
Thanks Masmer,I got the MSDN plugin.
Posted on 2003-05-02 02:22:35 by Vortex
No problem. :)

The version that already comes with KetilO's RadASM (in the Addins directory) uses the win32.hlp file.

The "full" version on Qweerty's site can use the MSDN help system instead, though I was never able to get it to work with MSDN 98 (despite alot of effort).
Posted on 2003-05-02 03:20:04 by Masmer

The Win32.hlp file is WinHelp 1 format, your windows help system is probably HTMLHelp 1. They aren't directly compatible, you're probably better off to create a link on your start menu or desktop. Depending on the IDE that you use to code in you can usually add it to the menu.

I'm running windoze 95 and it is in the help format of this system .
as a matter of fact windoze exploiter opened it with windoze help .
I just need to know how to splice it into the help system so I can
use it from out side of windoze exploiter .
I'm useing Xemacs as my ide (it has a good shell that is missing from
windoze 95 and just about evere thing one would need to use a computer
built in it even has something like windoze explorer )
Posted on 2003-05-04 12:52:31 by rob.rice
I don't understand exactly what you what it to do then.

Do you want the file to appear as an item in help from the start menu ? That would be very very labour intensive. You would have to decompile the help file to generate a TOC then copy and paste that into the TOC for the Windows Help file. You realize that TOC files for WinHelp 1 are text files of course so you can open them with notepad and see what it requires.

You may just be able to include the Win32.cnt file as an :include at the bottomof the windows cnt file. I've never tried this so I'm not even sure if the main widows help has a .cnt file, in which case you may have to decompile that as well. In the case of :include it will not port the index to the new file so searches inside the Win32.hlp file will not be possible.

Big job.

Alternatively you can just run \path\Win32.hlp and it will open if you can run external files from your IDE.
Posted on 2003-05-04 13:17:19 by donkey