Resource section is too different syntax and not flexible. It would be nice if was simply copy-paste from a generated (rc)file and less changes. I mean "dialogitem" etc. In this situation we also have to change the sequence of line all.

CONTROL "OK", IDOK, "BUTTON", BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 12, 96, 50, 14
CONTROL "Cancel", IDCANCEL, "BUTTON", BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 72, 96, 50, 14
CONTROL "", IDC_HSCROLL1, "SCROLLBAR", SBS_HORZ, 26, 67, 100, 11

this line generated with Borland's resource editor and why not?
Posted on 2003-05-02 00:25:37 by cakmak
I'm not agree... I think the current solution is excellent!

But wouldn't FASM be a little bit faster if we could add some or all of the macros as instructions? It isn't too much work, is it?

Cheers!
Posted on 2003-05-02 00:34:04 by Tommy
OK!

I agree this is not very usefull modifications. But i wonder what is excellent? Sequence of words? Btw, later i found to modifying the "Resource.inc" and have successfully made changes. Don't suppose will work slower, but now, can only paste the section from a dialog script and needs less changes. But not important of course, only a choice, like the colors... thats all.

now my changes in Resource.inc,
macro dialogitem title,id,class,style,x,y,cx,cy,exstyle

...and
macro dialog label,itemscount,title,style,x,y,cx,cy,exstyle,fontname,fontsize,menu

Greets
Posted on 2003-05-02 16:07:21 by cakmak