Hi all,

Here is the new release of Visual ASM. In this release, I tried a first step to intellisense which, believe me, teased me quite a lot.

What's new:

Intellisense:
1. Type Invoke and a popup list with API Functions and ALL your project procedures will appear. Enter, Space or Tab, insert procedure name into your project(if list has the focus). List can get focus either by mouse clicking on it or by pressing down arrow key). Multiline Procedure declaration supported. A Tooltip guides you about the function parameters.

2: Typing ":" at a line starting with "Local" popups the API Structure list. Enter, Space or Tab, insert Structure name into your project(if list has the focus). List can get focus either by mouse clicking on it or by pressing down arrow key).

Various:
1.Different Keywords for ASM & INC, RC, BAT Files

2.User selects Include and library path.

3.Bug Fix:When Error in line 1 then the error not taken into account.

4.Changing the order of files in the project tree is considered as a change of the project and thus you are asked to save when quiting application.

5.Make options rework. Check for Definition File if project is DLL. If no ASM and no RC files exist, then link, go all and execute are disabled.

6.Project Loading is very much faster.

7.Select api functions file and api structures file on the fly from Tools-Options-General.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-03 07:58:10 by akyprian
We-ow! Where no assembly editor has gone before (to my knowledge)! Thank you, this will help me learn!

I found a small bug though <grin>:

I keep all of my document files on a different drive then my applications. It's a pain, but I have to use a "replace" before assembling Iczelion's and Hutch's tutorials (ie. replace every instance of "\masm32" with "d:\masm32" in order to get d:\masm32\include\windows.inc for example).

When I do this with Visual ASM, it will go from \masm to d:\masm the first time I press the replace button. But the second time I press the replace button, it doesn't advance and I get d:d:\masm. The third time I press the replace button, instead of advancing it goes to d:d:d:\masm. Etc.

Pressing "replace all" sends it into an infinite loop and I have to force quit.
Posted on 2003-05-03 09:02:02 by Masmer
Masmer,

Thank you for the constructive criticism,

1.You do not need d:\masm32\include\windows.inc - just windows.inc if you specify the include directory as d:\masm32\include from Tools-Options. If I remember well, you had asked for it.

2.If one instance of text is found and replaced then you have to press Find Next again and then Replace. This is the behaviour by design.

3. Thanks, there is a bug indeed. I will fix it very soon

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-03 09:34:21 by akyprian
Hi akyprian

Really nice. May I "steal" your idea about local structures?

KetilO
Posted on 2003-05-03 12:13:19 by KetilO
KetiIO,

Thanks for your good words.

YES you can use the idea. I have one million reasons to offer something to you.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-03 13:34:42 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

I found also one small bug, when you collapse functions and then select function from combobox, editor will shit source on nonexisting line.

thats all, keep up good work :alright:

regards

frankie
Posted on 2003-05-04 05:05:53 by frankies
frankies,

will shit source on nonexisting line

Although I haven't understand well what you mean exactly, I saw a bug when procedures are collapsed; I will fix this. Thanks

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-04 06:38:03 by akyprian
I was just leaving to the town so it should of been "shift" not "shit". :confused: Sorry once again. Everybody is making typing mistakes :grin:

regards

frankie
Posted on 2003-05-04 09:23:34 by frankies
"mistake". Sure... :grin:
Posted on 2003-05-04 12:45:10 by Delight

Masmer,

Thank you for the constructive criticism,

1.You do not need d:\masm32\include\windows.inc - just windows.inc if you specify the include directory as d:\masm32\include from Tools-Options. If I remember well, you had asked for it.

2.If one instance of text is found and replaced then you have to press Find Next again and then Replace. This is the behaviour by design.

3. Thanks, there is a bug indeed. I will fix it very soon

Regards,

akyprian

1. That's true. And I appreciate you implementing this.
2. It's not a bug ... it's a feature! :grin: Ok.
3. Thank you.

Could I suggest another minor adjustment? I really love the new Intellisense feature. But as I'm filling in the parameters, the Intellisense pop-up text moves to the right. Even on my 1280x1024 screen with Visual ASM maximized, the popup soon moves off the screen making the last few parameters unreadable. I imagine on my 800x600 laptop screen it would cut off even more. Could you anchor the Intellisense pop-up window to where the keyword is first typed please?
Posted on 2003-05-05 11:11:22 by Masmer
Masmer,

1.OK
2.I already changed the behaviour as you suggested and I will upload soon.
3.Fixed-please wait for the new upload.
4.I already realised this and will find a workaround.

Thanks,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-05 12:58:05 by akyprian
on my NT4SP6 the Intellisense popup doesnt appear.

here are my steps:
1. unzip visualasm.zip in \VisualASM
2. modified ini to point to my masm32 directory
BinaryPath=\masm32\Bin
IncludePath=\masm32\Include
LibraryPath=\masm32\Lib
HelpFile=\masm32\Help\Win32.hlp
3. open project SDI.vap
4. mainwindow.asm, goto line 13
5. write 'Invoke ' - w/o quotes

no popup :(
Posted on 2003-05-06 01:58:15 by TBD
Did you try entering a letter after typing Invoke?

Edit: I couldn't get an image attached to this post for some reason, so you can find it in this thread.
Posted on 2003-05-06 02:38:09 by Masmer
masmer: oops. sorry :o
works now. very nice :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-06 02:48:52 by TBD
Thanks Masmer,

Sorry TBD, I should have said that you have to enter a letter after Invoke.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-06 03:46:10 by akyprian
Congrats akyprian,nice job :alright:
Posted on 2003-05-06 05:13:22 by Vortex
Thanks Vortex, you can now download the new release (V1.0.0.6)

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-05-07 03:49:06 by akyprian
I've just posted it to the messageboard.

Regards
Posted on 2003-05-07 04:05:10 by akyprian